We Recommend

• C.King - December 29, 2012 9:02 a.m.

i sorta want a quadruped in the mix i think they have alot of options from the pokemon series(arcanin, luxray, etc) or wolf link actually i bet any bug type pokemon would be fun with a fancy fluttering jump and fancy attacks. if it's beedrill i could see alot of good stuff, a rapid poison sting, drill run, x-scissors, rage? and the final smash could be a swarm of beedrill like the pokeball did in the first smash bros, or a giant drill reference to gurren lagan. oh why don't we have multiple pokemon trainers? a bug catcher, rocket grunt, swimmer(could be especially fun since last game had a floating mechanic), etc as apposed to just THE pokemon trainer
  • Elitepwnsface - December 29, 2012 10:17 a.m.

I would love to see Master Chief. I can just picture Master Chief pistol whipping the crap out of Mario. But i would rather see Issac from Golden Sun instead of Matthew. I think megaman and Zero are good adds. Just please for the love of God us the real megaman instead of some fat guy in tights.
  • Nap1400 - December 29, 2012 11:37 a.m.

Uh, no first-party characters from competing consoles are ever going to get a chance for the roster. Why would you even think Master Chief is a possibility?
  • PeteyMcPickle - December 29, 2012 1:45 p.m.

I was watching a video on youtube about a guys top 10 most wanted, and he had Nathan Drake from uncharted on his list. I face-palmed so hard I broke my nose.
  • Goldenkilla - December 29, 2012 7:15 p.m.

it is possible, when microsoft leaves the console race. who would have imagined that mario and sonic were going to be in the same game during the 1990's. but sadly that wont likely happen both ms and nintendo are in a strong position and i dont see them getting out of the race
  • PeteyMcPickle - December 29, 2012 1:31 p.m.

My top 10 most wanted (In no particular order): 1.Megaman 2.King K. Rool 3.Little Mac 4.Girahim (Skyward Sword Antagonist) 5.Sora (Kingdom Hearts) 6.Bowser Jr. 7.Black Shadow (F-Zero Antagonist) 8.Rayman 9.Majoras Mask Link (3 masks in the way everyone has been talking about) 10.Skull Kid
  • masterjoe123 - December 29, 2012 3:36 p.m.

I just want any information on the game. Nintendo is taunting us with tiny bits of information, making us want more.
  • Glitch3dSG - December 29, 2012 4:47 p.m.

I have some characters I'd love to see be included. 1. Dante from Devil May Cry 5 First of all, I know the probability of him being in the game is rediculously low but think of all the moves he could use with both his demon and angelic weapons and his final smash would be his devil trigger, if you dont believe me, play the demo. 2. Ezio Auditoure/Altair I'bn La'ahad/Desmond from Assassins Creed Again the possibility of such a character being in the game is very slim, but either of them would be a great addition. Their moves could be the like Ezio's from Soul Calibur 5 and the final smash could have something to do with the Apple of Eden. 3. Rosalina from Super Mario Galaxy I like the idea of her being in the game, if not a playable character then maybe one of the trophy things that you can use to turn the whole stage upside down. 4. Maxwell from Scribblenauts He is a character that is very lovable, he's very adventurous, and he just seems like a great character to be in the game. While he can't conjure up everything in the book he could still make weapons and maybe an occasional goofy weapon. His final smash could have something to do with starites. 5. Tetra/Toon Zelda from The Legend of Zelda Windwaker Could be just like how Toon Link is to Link but it would be Toon Zelda to Normal Zelda. Tetra would be the Sheik (Obviously). Since the roster is supposed to be smaller she will most likely not be included. 6. Peter Griffin from Family Guy Yes I know that this is a big stretch and there is no way he will be in SSBWU I just think he'd be a good comic relief character. 7. Sora, Donald, and Goofy from Kingdom Hearts I've been inlove with this hero from day one, he would be such a great character to play with Donald and Goofy. Maybe they could switch out like the pokemon trainer. Seeing as there is going to be a smaller roster, I hope that the characters we get are meaningful and have good moves.
  • 7-D - December 29, 2012 6 p.m.

LOL - Peter Griffin from Family Guy?! That's some funny business right there. You'd have more luck hoping for Linda Lusardi.
  • TheDudeFromNowhere - December 29, 2012 7:44 p.m.

This is probably the third time I've seen this article. But here is a re-post of who I would like to see: 1. Matthew (Golden Sun Dark Dawn) 2. Chrom (Fire Emblem Awakening) 3. Little Mac (Punch Out) 4. Shulk (Xeno Blade) 5. Krystal (Star Fox) 6. Zoroak (Pokemon) 7. Saki (Sins and Punishment) 8. Andy (Advance War) 9. Quote (Cave Story) 10. Rosalina (Super Mario Galaxy) 11. Micaiah (Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn) 12. Prof.Layton(Professor Layton) 13. Maxwell (Scribblenauts) 14. Joker (Dragon Quest Joker) 15. Mama (Cooking Mama) 16. Silver (Sonic the Hedgehog) 17. Shanoa (Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia) 18. Neku (The World Ends with You)
  • MetalCerealGuy - December 29, 2012 7:45 p.m.

I agree with the idea of bringing back Young Link and using his powers from Majora's Mask. In human form, he'd technically be a Link clone. He'll have his usual arsenal of bombs, arrows, and a boomerang, but instead of the Kokiri Sword and Deku Shield, he'll have the Gilded Sword and Termina's Mirror Shield. In Deku form, he should be fast, but very lightweight and easy to knock off. His attack arsenal will just be his spin attack, the magic bubbles, and maybe Deku Nuts. While the light weight and size are a disadvantage, he would make up for it by having great recovery. He can jump twice, and on the third jump, he starts hovering using his Deku Flowers. As Goron Link, his weight would be drastically increased, making him very difficult to KO. His attack arsenal should consist of a simple punch, the Goron Pound, the spiked rolling attack, and Powder Kegs. His disadvantage is that he's incredibly slow and can't jump high, which makes for a virtually non-existent air game (unless one includes the Goron Pound). He also can't recover due to his very limited jumping ability. Zora Link would be his most balanced form. He'd be fairly lightweight and floaty, and his attacks won't be as powerful as Goron Link's. He does get the Zora Fin Boomerangs as a projectile, though. He'd also have decent recovery by jumping twice and then Dolphin Jumping back onto the stage. As for Fierce Deity Link, it'll be a Final Smash transformation. Fierce Deity Link should have very powerful attacks, including his famous Sword Beam attack. His main disadvantage, though, will be the lack of ability to pick up items such as the Beam Sword or Home Run Bat, considering that in the game, Fierce Deity Link couldn't use any items that weren't stored in bottles. As for Fierce Deity's Final Smash, he should trap the target in a Triforce symbol, repeatedly fire sword beams at them, then KO them with a mighty swing of his sword. Doing this, however, will then revert him back to Young Link soon after. Those are just my ideas of what Young Link's abilities would be should they include his transformation masks. Thoughts?
  • Nintendojo - June 29, 2013 12:25 p.m.

My thought exactly
  • fullmetallegend - December 30, 2012 7:22 a.m.

This is a great list. I would change Matthew to Felix or older Isaac, though. I mean, that's even less possible that they'd go with it, but still!
  • MetroidPrimeRib - December 30, 2012 11:36 a.m.

These are new characters that honestly have a good shot at appearing in the roster: Shulk from Xenoblade The new Fire Emblem Protagonist Zoroark from Pokemon as the new Mewtwo/Lucario Isaac from Golden Sun Tom Nook from Animal Crossing Little Mac Ghirarim Paper Mario A fucking Mii. But I hope not. 5th/6th Gen Pokemon trainer (Smash Bros has a very, very long Dev Time.) 3rd Parties: Travis Touchdown from No More Heroes Big Boss from Metal Gear Solid Raiden from Metal Gear Solid Heihachi or Kazuya from Tekken Bayonetta Megaman, X, Zero, Protoman Professor Layton Phoenix Wright/Miles Edgeworth from Ace Attorney Viewtiful Joe I just want less clones, less swordsmen and less Landmasters and SSB4 will be golden
  • 7-D - December 30, 2012 1:27 p.m.

I feel ya man.. Miis are naff. They look like something from some third-rate facebook game. I wish Nintendo would ditch them for something more eccentric and interesting.
  • 7-D - December 30, 2012 1:17 p.m.

I think Professor Layton would be cool kicking some butt in there.
  • joxtox57 - December 30, 2012 10:54 p.m.

I'm a bit curious as to what Naruto's final smash would be. I'd expect Rasengan, But he could always summon gamabunta or something. (Haven't watched the show since disney messed it up, I wouldn't know if he has some new super powerful move.) Also, I'd like to see Girahim, He'd make a perfect villain. How'd you forget him?
  • joxtox57 - December 30, 2012 11:13 p.m.

Impa could also work for a female.
  • LordzOfChaos - December 31, 2012 2:49 p.m.

Impa=Shiek clone
  • LordzOfChaos - December 31, 2012 2:53 p.m.

That's why I read the manga instead of the anime. But for the final smash Rasenshuriken would be the best option, he would dash across the screen and then deal instant death damage (seems like Marth's but it would work). Though if they add an anime character I will be a little miffed.