We Recommend

• Dutch - January 19, 2011 1:37 p.m.

I'd ahh... cream the rabbit?
  • jmcgrotty - January 19, 2011 8:28 a.m.

Give me a break. Sonic is a franchise that peaked halfway through the first game. This article was redundant.
  • Weirdjedi - January 19, 2011 8:18 a.m.

In the game format - I like Tails, Knuckles, and Sonic. These were the original trio from the classics and I enjoyed their style of gameplay from Sonic 4... I mean Sonic & Knuckles. In realism format - I only like Knuckles and Sonic. I did not like the childish personality of Tails and I did not like the mysterious persona of Shadow. All the other characters seemed like they came from some guy who liked Teletubbies.
  • The4X - January 19, 2011 7:13 a.m.

So, all Sonic friends are "worst", I don't recall other sonic friends, though I had Genesis back in 90s
  • Fuzunga - January 19, 2011 6:49 a.m.

Characters not included on this lis: Tikal Rouge Metal Sonic Emerl Fang/Nack E-102 & E-123 Espio Mighty Vector Chaos Jet Storm Wave So basically, all the important characters suck but all the obscure/minor ones are ok?
  • CH3BURASHKA - January 19, 2011 6:29 a.m.

I always have thought "Miles" to be a black dude name, so I'm constantly unnerved by Tails' real name.
  • FauxFurry - January 19, 2011 5:29 a.m.

Ironically,Sega could have done better by not trying at all to create any friends for Sonic, either by simply taking what is provided for them in the various comic and cartoon adaptations (there are even a couple of princess characters there,if light sci-fi even needs princesses at all),blatantly rip off Super Mario's stable of friends but give them all fur coats growing out of the epidermises or by literally doing nothing whatsoever.
  • Glides - January 19, 2011 4:44 a.m.

Actually, I'm one of the few people who doesn't really mind the Sonic friends. Sure, most of them are stupid, but I just like all of them for some weird reason. Even Big the Cat. Also, I'm really happy you didn't put Knuckles on this list, because he's without a doubt the best Sonic friend.
  • KidA - January 19, 2011 4:16 a.m.

I agree with them all except for Tails. Just because he was the first "Sonic friend" doesn't make him one of the worst. It was all of the ones that followed that ruined things. I'll even say Amy's alright. Sure, she's annoying and whiny, but then so is every other damsel in distress.
  • kor2disturbed - January 19, 2011 4:05 a.m.

Sooo, pretty much the only sonic characters that need to be in sonic games are sonic and Dr. Robotnik? Also ReCaptcha how was I supposed to read this? http://www.google.com/recaptcha/api/image?c=03AHJ_VutnGibKT-XKbisRsjSJNDSzFstzKOMsPWVvV4th-zncH_oEI8uUDx7NrZYc1wb1VEhNStohhpfzmDGEGBn4JJy7TF6Iu1HoOxDowCUG9lAN4WUln6OLuksQFIbYA7pQXKo2r-MdKH4BIlQrbTaUjc3M_wz8gg
  • Crimmy - January 19, 2011 3:33 a.m.

Well, I have to agree with Felix on this. Also, Amy's entry was perfect.
  • Bobbysayhi - January 19, 2011 3:15 a.m.

How did I know Tails would be number one?
  • sirpsychosexy - January 19, 2011 3:15 a.m.

hahaha! I laughed at the Amy Rose comment I might disagree with Shadow being on this list. He was a good enemy in Sonic Adventure 2... after that... wasted potential.
  • Robusken - January 19, 2011 2:47 a.m.

Jesus Chip is the worst. I've seen characters in kids cartoons that are less annoying then him.
  • JenosIdanian - January 19, 2011 2:42 a.m.

I can't believe that Cream's horrendously annoying voice had no mention in the list of her many crimes.
  • HankVenture - January 19, 2011 2:40 a.m.

As a depressed emo 7th grade child when I played Sonic Adventure 2 on gamecube, let me just say I liked Shadow. I liked his hair and wanted to have hair like him. Sometimes I still want my hair, but then I look at Brett Elston and realize it would not be a good idea. But really I didn't even know about half of these characters and they seem soooo horrible, but I did like Tails for Sonic 2.
  • nick4ever7 - January 19, 2011 2:38 a.m.

I know I sound un-hardcore for saying this, but I hate all the sonic friends, except Shadow. He actually has some semblence of a personality. Sonic doesn't even have one, everyone in it is all like "I'm gonna win!" except shadow.
  • LKabongUno - January 19, 2011 2:30 a.m.

I disagree with the Shadow entry: Shadow was never even a good idea. Well, he was a good idea, when he was Mecha Sonic and Knuckles. By the time they got to Shadow, everyone had already quit caring. However, this article did get the one crappy character that everyone seems to miss: Tails. His inclusion was the first step toward making the franchise something that it wasn't: realistic. Hence the constant attempts to explain away the Sonic games' actual location as oppossed to accepting that it takes place in a fantasy land, thhe attempts to assign an IQ number to Tails (above the main big bad's even), the inclusion of people into various Sonic cartoons and eventually the games. I agree: Tails has added absolutely nothing to the game series at all.
  • mavericksummers - January 19, 2011 2:30 a.m.

Tails is still way better than Sonic. They run the same speed, and he can fly.
  • LTwitt3R - January 19, 2011 2:23 a.m.

I agree with most these, except Shadow and Tail they're classic and therefore essential, at least one or both of them must be in a Sonic game... After all where would Sonic be without his Furry friends, oh and enemies?