We Recommend

• zanthox - October 28, 2009 9:10 p.m.

yeah, surprised a few things were not mentioned but the list is still great!
  • mrandydixon - October 28, 2009 9:07 p.m.

I gotta join in on the rabble here, because omitting the Zombie Survival Guide and World War Z is unacceptable. Especially considering you included Land of the Dead, which is, quite possibly, the worst Zombie movie ever made (and certainly Romero's worst). Not even Dennis Hopper could save its idiocy.
  • TheJabberwock - October 28, 2009 8:41 p.m.

Reall... No WORLD WAR Z... its only the best zombie book of all time, why would you include that?!
  • QuinnL - October 28, 2009 8:15 p.m.

and by world war two i mean world war Z
  • CreeplyTuna - October 28, 2009 8:02 p.m.

ha i loved fido...what a great movie
  • vitoruss - October 28, 2009 7:50 p.m.

I live in Pittsburgh, and I don't know if anyone will call you out on it (and if they have, I haven't bothered to check), but you left the 'H' out at the end. They changed that around the turn on the last century. Good article, though. House of the Dead 2 was one of my favorite games, and the dialogue was hilariously the worst I've ever seen in a game.
  • QuinnL - October 28, 2009 6:46 p.m.

I know its been said on here before, but I have to say it again. Not only is world war two my favorite zombie book ever, it is one of the most entertaining books I have read ever. Please, if you haven't read it, go get it right now. On a side note, read Breathers too. Definately not your stereotypical zombie tale but it is fantastic as well.
  • SilverHammer - October 28, 2009 6:13 p.m.

Night of the Living Dead. Classic.
  • oryandymackie - October 28, 2009 5:29 p.m.

I love my RE4 chainsaw controller And Cyberninja....it doesn't.....much
  • jackthemenace - October 28, 2009 5:05 p.m.

okay, several comments- *goes into total zombie nerd mode* 1) great article, i love zombies ;D 2) @ninja killR- yes, where WAS world war z? 3) SO... MANY... GEORGE A. ROMERO... FILMS... 4) anyone else a fan of 'roasted'? because, per 28 days later, they're NOT ZOMIBES, they're THE INFECTED!!! 5) I know stupidly want a remake of stubbs the zombie on 360 6) resi wasn't AN influence for SOTD, it was THE influence (the film was based of an episode of 'spaced'(my favourite show. ever.) where tim(played by pegg) gets no sleep and plays far too much resi and punches david walliams in the face) *leaves total zombie nerd mode* thanks!
  • Appsro - October 28, 2009 1:33 p.m.

I think Army of Darkness may have one of the best trailers ever made.
  • JayLin22 - October 28, 2009 1:30 p.m.

Damn you Tyler! Now I have to buy all those novels you mentioned - it's already a tight month with so many cool games coming out...
  • CARLINNIT - October 28, 2009 1:05 p.m.

I was waiting to see Shaun of the Dead in there! Best. film. ever. Has so many hilarious moments, and gets better with every watch.
  • Shrody - October 28, 2009 12:41 p.m.

I am very happy to see The Rising on this list, great read and grittier than a bag of sand in an oil drum. I love the Dead movies by Romero, but seriously put Land of the Dead at #4? That movie was awful.
  • moredhel_1 - October 28, 2009 11:39 a.m.

Awesome, awesome, awesome article Tyler! always great to see Zombies in the spotlight. BTW, I live right across the street from a cemetery - I'm in trouble, yeah?
  • EDfromRED - October 28, 2009 10:42 a.m.

Good article, I'm eager to check out the novels you listed.I saw a clip of tha Zombie vs Shark fight before, but I didn't know the origin, I'm gratefull I finally know the source. I would have included "World War Z" on the list of Zombie tomes though, and filmwise, the Zak Snyder, Dawn of the Dead
  • helix92 - October 28, 2009 10:16 a.m.

I'm shoked that you didn't mention Zombieland, Braindead, World War Z or Marvel Zombies
  • jar-head - October 28, 2009 4:29 a.m.

Evil Dead was a pretty good series...
  • GearsofRabies - October 28, 2009 3:46 a.m.

Gee sure is march around here!
  • GearsofRabies - October 28, 2009 3:45 a.m.

Gee sure is march around here!