We Recommend

• lovinmyps3 - August 11, 2009 10:33 p.m.

I always thought Brett was the biggest comic nerd there. I guess not. And also you shouldn't knock points off Arkham Asylum for having an "undead" Batman. They started the game before Bruce Wayne was killed and I don't think people on the team were saying, "Oh fuck! Bruce Wayne is dead now we gotta wait for the comics to bring him back before we release our game!" I liked the article though. Nice job Hank "Motha-Fuckin Tank"!!
  • Yeager1122 - August 11, 2009 10:27 p.m.

Confusing but thats because i dont read articles good article none the less.
  • MechGyver - August 11, 2009 10:20 p.m.

Arrrrgh!If te Carnage be Venom´s symb...tic son we spiderman,te Venom be GAY? ;)pike of berk!
  • Tymiegie - August 11, 2009 9:02 p.m.

...And Hank "THE MOTHERFUCKIN' TANK" Gilbert hits one out of the park with that highly enjoyable feature. I know next to nothing About comics (except Watchmen which I have read) and I still had a great time reading this. Maybe it's because of the authority that Henry wields as he judges Comic-based games. I think it is pretty stupid to kill off the original Batman, not that my opinion matters, unless it is due to old age. He's Batman for Christ sakes
  • HungryBeaver - August 11, 2009 8:52 p.m.

Honestly, I don't give a shit if the comic based games are accurate or not. A video game is a video game. It's meant for fun. Would you rather have a totally shit game but it's completely accurate, or an awesome game thats way off? I know my choice.
  • RatPuncher - August 11, 2009 8:28 p.m.

Yay! Comics! I had no idea that Alan Scott had a weakness to wooden objects.
  • lava_lamp - August 11, 2009 8:10 p.m.

defiantly a Henry Gilbert article
  • sgloomy - August 11, 2009 7:45 p.m.

what happened to the third game? i actually can't even think of a third one that is coming out and on the whole batman Arkham Asylum not following the comic book, i really don't think everyone would be sold on a batman game without bruce wayne, but i do think thor and the hulk should be out of MUA2 because well, they weren't there and there are so many other characters they could use
  • Cyberninja - August 11, 2009 7:22 p.m.

i just have fun with comic book games and dont care about the flaws accept with superman 64 and aquaman those games should be buried deeper than e.t.
  • ChrisAntistaSmellsLikePizza - August 11, 2009 6:56 p.m.

awesome stuff sir
  • WayByWind - August 11, 2009 6:56 p.m.

lol, aquaman. nobody cares.
  • Jakob - August 14, 2009 3:32 a.m.

Wow, That Venom Bomb Looks Just Like An Elite 0.0
  • 0Godchimara0 - August 13, 2009 12:53 p.m.

Spider-Man: Web of Shadows was a terrific game I'd give it 8.5 out of 10.
  • Doctalen - August 13, 2009 3:56 a.m.

The one reason I don't read comics is there are soooooo many universes for each hero it is hard to tell which is which.
  • Personamanxx - August 12, 2009 11:27 p.m.

Awesome Article dude!!! I hope MUA2 pulls off The Civil War well.
  • GR_HenryGilbert - August 12, 2009 2:07 p.m.

@ metalgatesolid Well that gets even more complicated. Directly before the events of Final Crisis was Batman RIP, wherein a guy who may have been the devil, but was only posing as Thomas Wayne, was out to totally destroy Bats. He failed, but he cursed Batman's cape and cowl, saying the next time he wears it would be his last. And his very next case was the murder of New God Orion, which led to his capture by and eventual Omega Sanctioning by Darkseid. Hope that cleared it up. @ garnsr Hmm, I'm not sure Batman: AA is that close to the Morrison classic. Admittedly it's been a few years since I read it, but I know for one thing Joker is barely in it, aside from a cameo where he slaps Bats' ass (really). And to be clear, I can't wait to get my hands on the game. It looks like DC comics might at last have a great video game for the first time ever. @ burnttoshreds Yeah that would be cool, but I think the Sinestro Corps story would be even better for a game. So many villains = multiple boss fights, plus drop-in/drop-out four-player co-op featuring Kyle Rayner, Guy Gardner, and John Stewart along with Hal as player one. Sadly though, I bet the first Lantern game will be the one based on the upcoming Ryan Reynolds film. Sigh...
  • Starplatinum - August 12, 2009 9:28 a.m.

Wow great article Henry! As a fellow comic book person I really enjoyed your accurate description of the Omega Sanction and yes it is easily confusable with the Omega Effect (i thought it was omega beams but that shows my lack of knowledge) Hope you get to talk about this on the next TDar so you and Brett can go off about the comic world while Chris screams to end his boredom! LoL! PS GREEN LANTERN FOREVER!!!
  • icantbelieveitsnutbutter - August 12, 2009 6:29 a.m.

What about Spiderman 64? It was fairly accurate as far as video games go. I also remember loving it to death way back when.
  • garnsr - August 12, 2009 4:57 a.m.

Why are there so many different versions of teams, like the Avengers? Can't they all just think of their own names, instead of making lame copies of other groups' names? ReCaptcha: Stafford Martin Perfect comic book secret identity name.
  • thecakeisalie - August 12, 2009 4:42 a.m.

arkham asylum isn't based off the current dick grayson/damian wayne team. it is based off Arkham asylum:a serious house on a serious earth by grant morrison. a man who would go on to kill batman, and the DC universes quality control. and confuse us all.