We Recommend

• KaiokenKid - January 7, 2011 9:46 p.m.

Some surpirses here. But I agree with Force Unleashed 2. I actualy just beat it and was disapointed. I beat it in 2 sit downs.
  • CaptainSalmon - January 7, 2011 9:34 p.m.

@Charlie Barratt. THANK YOU. You have no idea how Angry Birds' popularity has baffled me. It's just another take on those crappy knock-stuff-over physics games... and that's it. It doesn't even do it particularly well. And then to have people, nah THE WORLD, go nuts over it is completely astounding. So thank you. Thank you for putting my worries to rest.
  • FrozenImplosion - January 7, 2011 9:34 p.m.

Alan Wake and Metro 2033 were some of the best games of the year imo. Dunno why Alan Wake's been getting crap lately, I thought you guys liked it?? Also, Metro 2033's stealth sections weren't bad, they were just HARD. You had to seriously stay in shadows or you were screwed.
  • FriendlyFire - January 7, 2011 9:30 p.m.

Charlie, I'm really glad to know I'm not alone. When I first heard of Angry Birds, my initial reaction was: "Wait, I've played that game 2 years ago with a different skin." Then I heard how *popular* it was becoming and tried digging a little, just in case I missed something. It appears I did not. Angry Birds is some random dolt taking a Flash game from Newgrounds and dumping it on mobiles with a price sticker attached. It's an insult to actual gaming.
  • GhoulxScout13 - January 7, 2011 9:26 p.m.

I was one of the few for quite some time that actually really enjoyed Halo Reach's campaign, I'm not sure what it was about it but I really drawn to it's pacing and story. However, that could be due to the fact that I despised Halo 3's campaign and honestly had to force myself to play all the way through it just to get to the end. With that said, I will admit that much of it felt as though it was underdeveloped and fleshed out, and some of the larger set pieces that were in the previous titles were def. missed. I guess what my biggest issue with Reach is however is it's multi-player. I love many of the user created modes and of course the Forge mode, but what gets me is how stripped down the most basic of combat modes are (slayer, team slayer, etc.). Maybe I've just been spoiled after playing Black Ops and Battlefield for so long prior to Reach, but is it really so much to ask to be able to pick your gun during the load out screen instead of having to use the DMR or Battlerifle?
  • ViolentLee - January 7, 2011 9:26 p.m.

Three of these games made my personal top 10 of 2010 list -- Bayonetta, Alan Wake, and Halo: Reach -- and Rock Band 3 would have made it had I gotten it earlier. Yet Black Ops doesn't make this list? The game where I found a restart-necessary bug in the first level as my character continually respawned INSIDE a pile of flaming debris?
  • Scotch - January 7, 2011 9:20 p.m.

Halo: Reach was definitely my most disappointing game too. However I disagree with the Rock Band 3 choice
  • FoxdenRacing - January 7, 2011 9:18 p.m.

I skimmed some of the list, but others were dead on. Don't promise a game that's going to get 13/10 if you're going to deliver a 7; it makes you look silly. Instead, under-promise and over-deliver. I can only think of one the highly-hyped games of 2010 that managed to deliver, and even it didn't completely live up to the hype: Mass Effect 2. Reach was a great game, but felt rushed in the story department. Black Ops was more of the same. Bad Company 2 upped the ante, but only marginally. Medal of Honor walked into the room and looked great, right up until it ripped a massive fart. Gran Turismo 5 fell flat on its face. As for the anger at Angry Birds? I feel the editor's pain...completely justified. 'Lulz! That stuff fell on that other stuff!' physics playgrounds stopped being new, original, or fun 5 years ago...problem is the mainstream has just now discovered them, so it's still novel to them. Or maybe I'm just an old cynic that's tired of business-as-usual barely-incremental annual cash-grabs. I dunno.
  • oryandymackie - January 7, 2011 9:17 p.m.

HOW CAN YOU HAVE OPINIONS?
  • Bitchslapthehomeless - January 7, 2011 9:13 p.m.

I've got to agree with Alan Wake. I really, REALLY wanted to like that game, but the repetitive fighting and clunky controls kept me from enjoying the game. I just couldn't get into it, which is sad because it reminded me a lot of Silent Hill 2, but alas.
  • Ilyere - January 7, 2011 9:07 p.m.

Interesting that some of you would choose the 'big-name' games for this list...
  • danielbrb - January 7, 2011 9:06 p.m.

Charlie Barratt. Your opinions on Angry Birds is what made me sign up for an account on Games Radar, just so I could comment. I agree with you more than 100%, if that's even possible. I can't and don't understand what's up with all the worshiping of Angry Birds. I've played it before, so it's not like I hate it just because it's popular. It's such a dumb, not fun game. Congratulations on your choice for most disappointing game. You made me sign up.
  • Ded - January 7, 2011 8:56 p.m.

Aren't opinions fun!?
  • GamesRadarCharlieBarratt - January 7, 2011 8:54 p.m.

@CancerMan You and I need to form a support group.
  • spawny0908 - January 7, 2011 8:53 p.m.

My biggest disappointments was Bioshock 2 (NOT a worthy successor to the first) and Crackdown 2 (just God awful).
  • n00b - January 7, 2011 8:52 p.m.

@Matthew Keast i absolutely loved bayonetta. the combat, the music, the art direction, the way how it does not take its self seriously but i can see how it's not for every one. and ya the intro did drag on a bit long
  • solsurvivor - January 7, 2011 8:51 p.m.

@Keast, You hit the nail on the head with Bayonetta. I felt the exact same way--terribly-contrived cut-scenes and the worst Japan-a-pop music I could imagine hitting me all at once. I couldn't begin to give the game a fair shake with that kind of an intro. I was testing it on the PS3 to boot.
  • WickedSid - January 7, 2011 8:50 p.m.

Save some of that hate for the WOH there Justin.
  • potpan0 - January 7, 2011 8:46 p.m.

I never played Metro 2033 but I did read the book and watch an LP of it. I think it would have been improved if it were more of an action RPG. You could start in one of the unused areas in the book (just look at the map, their were loads) and the first quest is to get a passport. It would have been a lot better then a straight up FPS.
  • gilgamesh310 - January 7, 2011 8:39 p.m.

Jeez is David Houghton the only intelligent person at gamesradar. He seems to be the only one to actually understand Alan Wake for what it is as well instead of just being completely ignorant about it. Halo Reach was the only Halo game that I truly liked as well. That was mainly because of the fact I knew not to expect an earth shattering game this time after being so dissapointed with the eariler ridiculously overrated games in the series. So what if Kat dies randomly, it's war for christsakes, I mean seriously come on! Reach had easily the best most mature story in the whole Halo series and since when do FPS's need to have vehicle sections in order to be good.