Topics

Best of 2010

We Recommend

• Spybreak8 - December 27, 2010 7:36 p.m.

@Jacob Batman came out in 09 dude and if you recall I believe GamesRadar gave it their game of the year award. It's also on the PS3 so yeah not exclusive, good but not exclusive. Multiplatform is becoming more popular with devs/publishers who want to make more money (justify the investment of the game's dev).
  • Spybreak8 - December 27, 2010 7:30 p.m.

Good list and I wish I could still play the Marios, (I still have fond memories of Mario 64/so much I got it for the DS too). With Halo Reach and Bungie.net you can watch people's custom videos! I've gotta put that down for a must have for any game related online website. I've seen some amazing stuff in motion (pictures are nice but video is better).
  • davidroberts - December 27, 2010 7:10 p.m.

Why would developers make original inovative games when they never sell significent numbers to justify the effort. what the hell is never bercapt/
  • jacob_kreed - December 27, 2010 7:09 p.m.

No mention of GT5, because forza, huh !? they are not made by the same team. They are both different games in there own right. The excellent Little Big Planet....Wheres that....Come on Batman Arkham....Sorry I know you said exclusives....Redo it, choose a top game for each of the console formats...will listen your like the UK politican, you never...until you out of power....
  • MJHAYLETT - December 27, 2010 6:37 p.m.

Consoles for the win :D If I had the money I would be a PC Snob but alas I do not.
  • FrontLineSpartan119 - December 27, 2010 6:08 p.m.

Honestly speaking, exclusives these days are really sad. Especially to Microsoft. They had the heavy hitters all in one year before(probably 07ish? not sure) but nowadays, Sony caught up and is doing even better. And as long as Nintendo has Mario and their other "kid friendly" mascots, there always going to make bank. I have an allegiance to Nintendo as well, but they honestly pump out the same thing year after year. And it's the same for all consoles. I haven't seen very many original games that come out lately. While I'll be playing my good 1st and 3rd party games on the 360, wake me up when there's actually something original and innovative out on the market.
  • Glides - December 27, 2010 6:04 p.m.

That's a good point, only Nintendo can really get away with all the happy go lucky games. Anyone else tries it, only kids play it. Nintendo puts out a Mario game, EVERYONE plays it.
  • call_me_curtis - December 27, 2010 5:30 p.m.

Three of these choices are Wii games. Bad form!
  • metroid2099400 - December 27, 2010 5:23 p.m.

LOVED the Blackadder reference! I agree with all of these, but I only own a 360 and a Wii, so I haven't had a chance to try out Heavy Rain yet, but I'm definitely intrigued. The Grandmaster Galaxy was so intensely satisfying to finally beat, and I'm getting that feeling on every time trial in DKC: Returns. Thanks for the great Top 7 list guys, keep up the good work!
  • EnragedTortoise1 - December 27, 2010 4:40 p.m.

@spor: UC2 is from 2009. -_-
  • EwoksTasteLikeChicken - December 27, 2010 4:09 p.m.

Ha ha that picture of the one spartan stabbing the other is so funny!
  • 8bitBaby - December 27, 2010 3:43 p.m.

XDD graon man. er... grown man.
  • 8bitBaby - December 27, 2010 3:42 p.m.

a true wiistation 360 would put an end to the console exclusive. do exclusives boost the sales of a singular console anymore? so many studios are going belly up, can we still afford to keep doing exclusives? i know it takes more manhours to get versions set for more than one console, but i would think ultimately (if the game is good) it would keep the company from going under because they gambled on an exclusive. it would also maybe bring down the production cost a little if they... why am i typing all this?! i don't care! i can play what ever exclusive i want i'm a groan man! i buy my big boy toys! random.
  • keltar93 - December 27, 2010 3:05 p.m.

You could swap 7 and 6 with pretty much any great Wii game that came out this year, they were all exclusives. Now I really want to play Donkey Kong. Even more than I did before of course. And if you want PC entries, just stick Civilization V and StarCraft II in there
  • SpaceCowboy - December 27, 2010 2:53 p.m.

ezekielzero, if you read the opening of the article it explains why ME2 isn't on the list. Also I agree with bamb0o-stick, Amnesia is a brilliant game, scariest game I've ever played.
  • WrathLord03 - December 27, 2010 2:49 p.m.

That's right people. Uncharted 2's graphics are so smooth people think it was made this year! Anyway, I'm happy with this list and hopefully Sony will be able to put Limbo on the PS3, just like they did with Mass Effect 2. I'm scared of spiders! I'm gonna love Limbo.
  • bamb0o-stick - December 27, 2010 2:03 p.m.

Mass Effect 2 was on the PC, so that doesn't count as an exclusive. Starcraft 2, Civilization 5 and Amnesia: The Dark Descent should've been enough to make it on the list.
  • ezekielzero - December 27, 2010 1:47 p.m.

what about mass effect 2, technically its not out yet on any other console than the 360, just saying....
  • felipe222 - December 27, 2010 1:22 p.m.

Uncharted 2 wasn't launched this year...
  • 4fromK - December 27, 2010 1:16 p.m.

*retro, not retor, which sounds more like what I would have called the protagonist of a terrible attempt at fantasy fiction when I was 14 years old. And I just realised then that the quoted sentence says "be" instead of "by" as well. Now to get back onto the top seven, no more nitpicks, I promise!