Topics

Top 7

We Recommend

• Skykid - July 28, 2011 4:32 p.m.

This is my Homefront reaction: Welcome to America you Commie b*****s! Here is some good old fashoned ass whoopin'!
  • soren7550 - July 19, 2011 2:34 a.m.

Still surprised that MW2 wasn't on the list. The battle at D.C. still chills me, as does the reveal of a war torn D.C. in the Infamy trailer.
  • therawski - July 6, 2011 7:36 p.m.

Metal Wolf Chaos! Does anyone know how to play this stateside?
  • oni - July 6, 2011 4:54 a.m.

I've played Freedom Fighter on the PC and fell in love with it. Still waiting for a sequel here. Instead IO gave us Mini Ninjas. No sure how to comment on that.
  • 435 - July 5, 2011 11:53 p.m.

Freedom Fighters deserves a higher place on this list.
  • lilspooky - July 5, 2011 11:46 p.m.

Wow in the future there are no homeless in SF! Awesome Vanquish! No! You cant have a dollar!
  • Shinespark428 - July 5, 2011 9:58 p.m.

"They attack via a surprise invasion of Seattle, effectively preventing both Starbucks and Grunge music from ever taking off." NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! But seriously, grunge actually started around the mid-80s or so, and Nirvana wasn't technically from Seatle (look it up).
  • grappler51 - July 5, 2011 8:26 p.m.

This makes me want to go back and play World in Conflict again, I never finished it. Also liked homefront a lot, it needs a sequel!
  • BrunettePride - July 5, 2011 7:36 p.m.

I'm pretty surprised Crysis 2 isn't on here! Seeing the SOL's head smashed into the floor and... well a couple of other spoilery things was pretty crazy.
  • AirickG - July 5, 2011 6:51 p.m.

Well if World in Conflict stopped grunge from happening it can't be all that bad for America now can it?
  • MeanwhileGuy - July 5, 2011 3:23 p.m.

Thorouhgly entertaining Top 7 as always, though I'm surprised by the lack of Crysis 2, given that the entire game takes place in an alien-decimated New York. Hell, Modern Warfare 3 is practically stealing the entire opening sequence.
  • philipshaw - July 5, 2011 12:57 p.m.

Great Top 7 and I remember playing a demo of the number 1 game but it never came out here. I still want to play it, HD remake campaign begins now
  • SausageLozenge - July 5, 2011 11 a.m.

Can't wait to hear some Metal Wolf Chaos on T-dar this weekend.
  • Hobojedi - July 5, 2011 8:39 a.m.

Saddened by the lack of Red Alert.
  • CitizenWolfie - July 5, 2011 8:29 a.m.

"America has never had to suffer a true invasion. Why, the very thought! Who could amass an army so massive or execute a plan so flawlessly that the entire US of A would know defeat?" I think I speak for all Brits when I say we're just biding our time...
  • JachAnen - July 5, 2011 8:07 a.m.

How about Red Alert 2 or/and 3?? Other than that, great list. And I'm hoping they'll make another Freedom Fighters game.
  • Robusken - July 5, 2011 7:56 a.m.

Still want to play Metal Wolf Chaos one of these days. The idea itself just seems so badass.
  • Dman3981 - July 5, 2011 4:45 a.m.

"Despite being involved in dozens of wars over its 200 years of life, America has never had to suffer a true invasion. Why, the very thought! Who could amass an army so massive or execute a plan so flawlessly that the entire US of A would know defeat?" Must we keep forgetting about the War of 1812? Is that not considered a real invasion, I mean your White house was set on fire.
  • Yeager1122 - July 5, 2011 4:13 a.m.

Agreeing with several other peolpe in that fallout 3 would have been a good adttion not that these werent all great choices but America defintley got fucked up in that.
  • Gameguy94 - July 5, 2011 3:13 a.m.

What about Fallout. Granted the Chines didn't exactly invade, but getting the Nuked right the fuck up should count. I mean in Fallout 3 the White House is a crater with the Capitol Building occupied by genetically altered humans.