We Recommend

• Analogic - May 20, 2009 10:12 p.m.

Well, another take on the Megaton-case is the fact that you can disarm the nuke. This makes Burke go away without killing the sheriff, and you still get Your Megaton House. But I do think that a science level of 20 is needed to disarm the bomb.
  • Auron - May 20, 2009 9:39 p.m.

I expected Megaton to be on that list as soon as I saw the title.
  • Fizzmonkey - May 20, 2009 4:43 a.m.

Megaton was the best, u can save it or blow it up.
  • MoChilla - May 20, 2009 3:14 a.m.

MGS3, Volgin gropes his new warhead, bitch slaps ocelot, shoots it from a helicopter and snake's all like "Wahhhhhhhhh, I'm holding onto a tree, Ahhhhhhh." Also, those people in Chrono trigger running away from the tidal wave was sad.
  • gatornation1254 - May 20, 2009 1:32 a.m.

I loved this article even though I wimped out and saved Megaton. I know I'm an ass. ReCAPTHA: Guard winters
  • TheGodEmperor - May 20, 2009 12:11 a.m.

I'm disappointed, you left out Xenogears which pwnd a city and a town far more epicly than half that list. Here are some links. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr4Un5lVcYs - Lahan (the towN) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRE3DXErp14 Solaris, part 1, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3tIVbLPzuI part 2
  • NanoElite666 - May 19, 2009 10:56 p.m.

I remember Taris. Pissed me off when the place got shot to hell, after having done all that work and all those quests there and such...
  • SnarlingDonut - May 19, 2009 10:18 p.m.

what about tristan? from diablo? WAS IT FORGOTTEN!!! yet final fantasy get like twelve. pff final fantasy. ;D
  • killemall - May 19, 2009 8:46 p.m.

how many times must you blow up megaton before it gets old??? At Least ONE MORE TIME! Thanks for the final fantasy shouts... i think i need to bust some of them out again...
  • iluvmyDS - May 19, 2009 7:57 p.m.

So, squuenix likes destroying towns, those bastards. Let's declare war on them.
  • helix92 - May 19, 2009 7:17 p.m.

As soon as i saw the name for this article i knew megaton was gonna get the top spot. One of my all time favourite games with my all time favourite explosion.
  • noobeater - May 19, 2009 7:11 p.m.

fallout as a series i mean*
  • crumbdunky - May 19, 2009 7:05 p.m.

Fallout3 isn't fit to lace the radioactive drinks of it's elder brothers! Plus the cheap reason behind nuking M'ton makes it look like a gimmick to sell the whole glitch fest(like which preview DIDN'T tell you you would be able to do it?). Two broken combat systems don't make a great follow up to a previously fantastic series, imo, and nor did recycling as much as they could from Oblivion and shoehorning it in either. Enough with the F3 obsession already, K?
  • Shane1403 - May 19, 2009 5:02 p.m.

I'm afraid that I have to come to the conclusion that the designers of final fantasy are planning to blow up a city and that the games are just a cover for simulations.
  • KHfan - May 19, 2009 4:25 p.m.

i was expecting more final fantay lol
  • joebob286 - May 19, 2009 3:50 p.m.

Kvatch should at least get an honorable mention or something
  • silvereye - May 19, 2009 3:31 p.m.

In final Fantasy X-2 you can visit Zanarkland as a ruin, but it sucks pretty badly compared to megaton aftermath because the only ghouls you come across are tourist.
  • Grand1nquisitor - May 19, 2009 2:55 p.m.

Probably the most eclectic top seven yet, looks interesting though.
  • The_Tingler - May 19, 2009 2:08 p.m.

There must be more town-destroying RPGs out there that's NOT Final Fantasy! What about Chicago in Deus Ex: Invisible War? What about THE ENTIRE GALAXY in Mass Effect?
  • skyline19 - May 19, 2009 12:46 p.m.

Taris :( I still feel sorry for the dude who wnated the raghoul serum to this day like 6 years on :( Shame I sold it to davik. Megaton...I still hear those voices call out in the night :| *eyes twitch*