We Recommend

• BurntToShreds - April 19, 2009 3:24 a.m.

The commentators are announcers for an insanely over-the-top bloodsport/gameshow. I think they have the right to be as immature as they want.
  • iluvmyDS - April 14, 2009 11:18 p.m.

Black Baron sounds like Brother 1 from Afro Samurai. YO YO YO. Also, David Hasselhoff is an asshole.
  • phoenix_wings - April 13, 2009 5:45 a.m.

There's being funny, and then there's just being obnoxious. The pitch that the developers must have used for those commentators must have gone something like, "You like Nintendo, right? Everybody remembers how awesome Nintendo used to be! Well some kids out there are losing faith in Nintendo because Nintendo has...ANYWAY, forget that. To win that 'hard-core' audience back, all we gotta do is make a game with as much vulgarity as possible! Just try to fit it in at every opportunity. Sex-jokes, gay-jokes, fart-jokes, swearing-- This will SAVE NINTENDO!" Yeahh...people who swear at every possible opportunity? Sorry--they're the kind of people you just want to deck, and pitch the game out the window like a frisbee, even if it is a rental.
  • lucklesswonder - April 12, 2009 6:35 a.m.

Ha! The commentators actually make me WANT to play Madworld. That was hilarious.
  • somerandomchap - April 11, 2009 2:33 a.m.

the funniest part in madword is shoving a trumpet into a guys head and then when he walks it makes noises i cant believe you left that out
  • EnviromentalDog - April 9, 2009 11:08 p.m.

Ever since you guys mentioned Navi and Roman Bellic in the Madworld bit, I had to imagine swithing them with the Black Baron and his "Beeach" (see what I did there) death video, just adding a few "MASSIVE TITTIES" lines from Roman just before he's getting killed.Very entertaining. And WTF is up with the Syphon Cruel man-boobs in that video. Must..fight..urge..to..keep..staring. Very good article guys.
  • Ravenbom - April 9, 2009 11 p.m.

The first video is edited so that it actually does make Madworld look funnier than it is. Just imagine about 5 comments looped for each area you're in, and it becomes a lot less funny. Plus, there's a mess of noise sometimes with the soundFX, the music and the commentators all going at once at the same volume.
  • magicwalnuts0 - April 9, 2009 6:27 p.m.

The funniest part was the caption of the Michael Buffer and other character split shot.
  • sixboxes - April 9, 2009 5:31 p.m.

Does game development not get a big enough budget to be 100% funny? It's as if some of these studios pick the funniest programmer to do the writing, rather than having an actual writer. I mean, I personally only know 2 or 3 good jokes - so I can imagine trying to stretch those out over 9 or 10 hours worth of one person's time... little tricky.
  • xXHaloKillerXx - April 9, 2009 1:34 p.m.

yeah Madworld was stupid and shouldnt even be considered a game.
  • mrandydixon - April 9, 2009 6:14 a.m.

Interesting: the funny parts of Matt Hazard really make me wanna play the game much more than the unfunny parts don't. Must... trust... reviews... Recaptcha: Unc worst (WHAT?)
  • TheWebSwinger - April 9, 2009 3:30 a.m.

How did I know. How did I know that an article written (with help) by Chris Antista would have a blackface picture. I'm surprised there are no gong sound effects.