We Recommend

• babyhenchy1 - March 5, 2011 6:35 a.m.

@Kyle94 Not the geth, because only 5% of them were bad. The others just want to be left alone and are peaceful as long as they aren't threatened. And you can't really blame the Collectors since they're all indoctrinated. The Reapers should DEFINITELY be on this list.
  • Outlander - March 5, 2011 6:14 a.m.

Not trying to be a dick or anything but I would like to point out some mistakes in the Daedra section of this article. Daedra doesn't equal demonic. The sixteen* (not five)Daedric Princes chose not to participate in the creation of Nirn. Meaning, they are not bound to Nirn and thus cannot enter Mundus -the mortal plane- freely. Their creations/minions, the daedra, can be summoned and temporarily bound to Mundus through use of magic or enchantment by mortals. I could see how after playing Oblivion someone could make the Demon/Hell comparison. But that was only the Deadlands, Mehrunes Dagon's plane of Oblivion. You'll notice how the Shivering Isles looked nothing like the popular depiction of hell even though that was Sheogorath's realm of Oblivion. *Now technically seventeen since Sheograth and Jyggylag have become separate entities. /end nerd lore rant.
  • FriendlyFire - March 5, 2011 5:21 a.m.

Wait, no forum trolls? :O I thought that was the most vile and obvious race of all time, gaming or not.
  • SecretGingerWizard - March 5, 2011 5:10 a.m.

The Broodmother from Dragon Age really grossed me out, especially since you got to hear about how the Darkspawn turned the dwarf into it. Absolutely disgusting.
  • quincytheodore - March 5, 2011 5:03 a.m.

Kudos for necormorphs.. When I saw the exploding babies in DS2... Damn, that was awesome. Children was always a touch subject, the most eerie one was the ones from SH1 back in PSX, but that's maybe because I was still young, there was even casper-esque ones that only meant to scare players. DS2 pushed it to the next level; babies. You can even shot the head and toss it as grenade.
  • FrapJedi - March 5, 2011 4:52 a.m.

No Geth, Batarians, or Reapers from Mass Effect?
  • Spacegrass - March 5, 2011 4:41 a.m.

The villain races that pervade science fiction and fantasy really do seem kind of racist. The idea of a race being entirely evil, ugly and stupid strikes me as something Hitler would enjoy.
  • X528 - March 5, 2011 4:10 a.m.

I was really expecting feral ghouls from fallout3
  • deadpool125 - March 5, 2011 3:58 a.m.

There is a surprising lack of Dante's Inferno on this list. There were oodles of nasty creatures in that game.
  • FOZ - March 5, 2011 3:37 a.m.

They're Scions, not Zions. I was expecting the Vorcha, but more because their terrible dialogue, generic badguy design, and just plain evilness have no place in the Mass Effect universe.
  • AGENTJORRRG - March 5, 2011 3:35 a.m.

Nice predictable choices, there. I would've put The Master from Fallout at number 1 here.
  • waffman11 - March 5, 2011 2:59 a.m.

I was expecting either the Vorcha or the Husks, or maybe even the Zions from the Mass Effect series. The Vorcha make me want to kill them just because they sound so fucking stupid. As for the husks and Zions, they just creep me the hell out, previously human "husks" that are made of organics and mechanical components, and an amalgamation of human skeletons with a giant sack of brain matter stapled on top of it, covered in a sticky black goop. Ugh.
  • legory - March 5, 2011 2:52 a.m.

Really? Nobody from the Covenant in Halo? Millions of people love Grunts, Elites, Brutes, etc.
  • kyle94 - March 5, 2011 2:41 a.m.

Do Nazis count? Well, they do have tanks, which makes them awesome... Oh, how about the Reapers/Geth/Collectors from the Mass Effect series? Mass extermination/sticking people onto giant spikes to turn them into husks/melting people are all kinda vile acts.
  • bitchassafriBLAMamericANTISTA - March 5, 2011 2:38 a.m.

this aritcal is kanda dare i say RACIST!!! locusts or people too!
  • Security77 - March 5, 2011 2:32 a.m.

And don't forget that the Combine Advisors like to tongue-fuck your skull.
  • YES - March 5, 2011 2:31 a.m.

"How in the universe do they function in everyday life looking like a cross between a dog's penis and a frozen afterbirth?" WTF??
  • Dexsus - March 5, 2011 2:18 a.m.

I'm surprised that you guys left out the Darkspawn, and if you've played through Dragon Age: Origins which I'm sure you have then I don't need to mention why they should be here.
  • MitchyTdawg - March 5, 2011 2:17 a.m.

how bout hurlocs from dragon age? though they do remind me a lot of locusts, Medieval Locusts . . .
  • avantguardian - March 5, 2011 2:13 a.m.

that said, i'm kind of appalled that gr would promote such blatant racism... maybe you just don't understand the need to take human flesh and turn it into something disgusting... it makes you guys seem very uncultured:}