We Recommend

• shawksta - December 17, 2013 9:41 p.m.

STOP THE F*CKING PRESSES SAKURAI MENTIONED NINTENDO DIRECT TOMMOROW https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai POSSIBLE SMASH FOOTAGE Possible though, still trying to keep my expectation low but its still good news
  • shawksta - December 17, 2013 11:30 p.m.

It's hard to contain my expectations low when even the goddam smash update mentions the Nintendo direct. Somethings gonna happen.
  • brickman409 - December 17, 2013 7:16 p.m.

I always get excited when a Nintendo Direct is announced, they're like surprise mini E3s.
  • codystovall - December 17, 2013 7:02 p.m.

I just want smash bros GIVEITTO ME!!!!
  • rainn'sgaydar - December 17, 2013 6:49 p.m.

Your reasoning seems sound to me, Coop. I imagine Nintendo would really like to get Smash out the door if Zelda WiiU really is a lock for the fall, though don't they usually like a slow burn on Zelda console releases?
  • shawksta - December 17, 2013 8:16 p.m.

Sakurai likes to take his time, he delayed kid icarus uprising but it was worth it. I wouldnt be surprised if he delayed smash and this time the "Online" excuse they used for Brawl that ended up failing wont be the case this time. Console Zelda's take time, Wind Waker HD is just candy to fill the void of how long it takes them to make it. Otherwise Aunoma stated he's saving Zelda for a big event, most likely E3 2014
  • rainn'sgaydar - December 17, 2013 8:45 p.m.

I agree about Zelda. Coop just said something that seemed to guarantee a 2014 console Zelda, which I'm not apt to believe. I wouldn't be surprised with Smash releasing late May or sometime in the fall
  • shawksta - December 17, 2013 9:20 p.m.

Remember when we believed that Spring 2014 smash release talk? It was already confirmed NOPE but rather changed to "Sometime in 2014"
  • rainn'sgaydar - December 18, 2013 4:20 a.m.

Late May is still spring, right? I know what they said, but I still wouldn't be surprised if they announce a May or even June release. Nor would I be surprised if it was set for the fall. Neither situation seems preposterous to me...
  • shawksta - December 18, 2013 5:50 a.m.

true its more or less in memory of how Brawl got delayed
  • rainn'sgaydar - December 18, 2013 6:37 a.m.

Now that it's done, I'd say we'll see Smash and MK8 in the fall. Zelda in 2015. What do you think?
  • shawksta - December 18, 2013 6:39 a.m.

They didnt even mention release dates, probably 2016 XD
  • rainn'sgaydar - December 18, 2013 7:09 a.m.

Ha. I meant real Zelda, not "Hyrule Warriors (not final name)." But fair enough, I certainly think Coop was off with his Zelda in 2014 prediction. But I could see an E3 announcement for Zelda and then a year and a half preview cycle. That's pretty typical I think for Zelda
  • shawksta - December 18, 2013 7:48 a.m.

Yeah most likely
  • GOD - December 17, 2013 5:10 p.m.

I've got my 3DS and WiiU. Nintendo, I'm ready. Honestly looking at the Yarn Yoshi screen has me really wanting to get lost in it's soft, friendly world. Maybe they'll be announcing the year of Yoshi?
  • Outofmanyone - December 17, 2013 4:10 p.m.

It's obvious, they will announce Super Mario RPG 2; it will be a grand scale, open world RPG in the Mario universe. Key features will include: Over 40 hours of story mode gameplay, intense boss battles, whimsical humor the series is known for, outstanding original score, numerous party members, and loads of additional replay value including--but not limited to--achievements, for the first time in a Nintendo Wii U game that will post to the Miiverse when unlocked, compare them with your friends, unlock rare items for your Mii's, and will add to your overall profile score.. I called it.
  • J-Fid - December 17, 2013 5:54 p.m.

Lols. You forgot about Geno's return coinciding with his Smash Bros. reveal. This is too perfect to make any sense. Good luck though.
  • kirrlaos - December 17, 2013 6:57 p.m.

If they did this, I'd go out and get me a wii u next month just for this
  • shawksta - December 17, 2013 3:48 p.m.

Sakurai already confirmed that the Spring rumor for Smash was wrong, but it doesnt dismiss Mario kart. We havent seen Yarn Yoshi since January, should be neat but im not having high expectations, all we know right now is that we have DK tropical Freeze and Mario Kart in terms of Wii U, if any surprises come, let it be, but i wont hold it as an expectation. Same with Smash Bros. So neither of you should have expectations set high right now either. Cause im betting %90 that Iwata is gonna act as if we didnt know about the Cranky reveal at VGX
  • Talvari - December 17, 2013 2:51 p.m.

This is your chance to hype up the first half of 2014 Nintendo :( 2013 was awful for you on the Wii U front with the exception of the last few months or so, don't mess this up ;_; Gimme info on Smash, MK8, Donkey Kong (I guess >..>), Monoliths X (Official name please!) and god damn announce Zelda U already :| You've had it in showable form for a while and now is the timeeeeee.