We Recommend

• grognard66 - November 24, 2010 1:36 p.m.

I would have replaced the games they listed as failures (curiously all 360 games - typical GamesRadar fanboy baiting - with premium unlock codes for content already on the disc.
  • gamingfreak - November 24, 2010 1:15 p.m.

Thankfully my 360 hasn't RROD yet (knock on wood).
  • reaperman22 - November 24, 2010 11:04 a.m.

ps3 firmware doesn't bother me anymore cause i have a plus account but even before that they weren't that bad... except for the actual game updates, they could get annoying especially if i was renting and wanted to play online
  • jmcgrotty - November 24, 2010 9:38 a.m.

So much to say from both the article and the comments (in no particular order)... First off, while it is apparent that this list wasn't completely about making money, it was a major factor. There is no excuse for the Revolution not to be the #2 failure of the generation. Just because it had monetary success doesn't mean it was good. Even if you didn't want to go that far, how could you leave out all the extra accessorires that were released for the system? From the supercrap unofficial all the way up to Tony Hawk Ride. Yes, the red ring of death was the worse failure of the generation based on second-hand reports. I have my release day system and it is still working fine. Well, I also don't use it too often. System hasn't had a good game (or even a mediocre game ) in 2 years now. This also means I have never had a space issue with the HDD of my 360. The Ke$ha reference was pathetic. That ONE mention was the most exposure she has gotten in a year and it was too much. Add me to the crowd that loved the theoretical idea behind 360 faceplates. Add me to crowd that felt they were an utter failure. Blueapha, you must have the only system ever made that had an easy to remove faceplate. I got some decent sized gouges in the plastic from the 2 times I tried to remove it. Sony was 100% right in saying that rumble was dead. It's useless and really sad that anyone would feel otherwise anymore. On a related note, SIXAXIS deserves a plaque in the hall of fame of bad ideas. As others have pointed out, PSPGo was a good candidate for this list. And last but not least, no I do not want to buy a purse.
  • F4G1TR0N - November 24, 2010 7:23 a.m.

Also surprised that the psp go wasn't mentioned, though I love mine to death lol
  • super0sonic - November 24, 2010 7:17 a.m.

Oh gawd True Fantasy Live Online plz come back!! ;-;
  • sleepy92ismypsn - November 24, 2010 6:51 a.m.

Didn't the current generation start with the PSP and DS?
  • SwampRock - November 24, 2010 5:29 a.m.

4th 360 right now. And it's pretty special needs at that.
  • FauxFurry - November 24, 2010 5:05 a.m.

As for the whole faceplate removal thing,it isn't that complicated. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907331?sd=xbox The pricing scheme still renders them an even more pointless luxury than Avatar Gear. At least someone outside of one's immediate circle of friends and/or family and/or burglars/pawn shop owners will see those. If more collector's editions games came with faceplates,that might be enough to turn a few people's opinions on them around,perhaps. As for the Red Ring of Death,I would say that it isn't a problem for the current models or the slightly behind the curve fat Jasper models but I'm not going to risk jinxing my console by claiming such a thing just yet.
  • MikeT - November 24, 2010 5:02 a.m.

Im surprised you guys didn't lump in Nintendo to the small Hard Drive problem. Actually Nintendos sickenly small hard drive is one of the worst things about the Wii.
  • BlackElement17 - November 24, 2010 3:17 a.m.

I think the RROD should be higher on the list, however my judgment may be skewed since it happened a to me today for the second time.
  • mattchew86 - November 24, 2010 3:13 a.m.

RROD, faceplates, lack of memory. Makes you wonder why morons keep buying a big, ugly, plastic piece of FAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIILLLLLLL.
  • Myko - November 24, 2010 2:49 a.m.

The RROD is just terrible, I have had it happen to myself and about 10 other friends have had this happen to them also, after being able to fix it, just temporarily, by putting on arctic silver on the GPU and CPU chips (also check out the youtube page to fix it, hilarious to know that about 2 million hits have ended up on it, just disgusting) it ended up getting another "common" ring error a few months after, and this on the day COD black ops came out, I then bought another Xbox, mind that I mostly play on pc, then I was able to play black ops with friends but man FPS's on consoles are just terrible, auto aim, and goofy controls, give me a mouse and keyboard instead for smoother and more gripping play, then I decided to just gave my Xbox to my brother and COD for an early Christmas gift and I have never looked back.
  • blueapha092 - November 24, 2010 2:41 a.m.

It seemed pretty simple to remove the faceplate on my old xboxs- they just pull right off, no damage done. So I don't know what you guys are talking about
  • j5k44t6 - November 24, 2010 2:24 a.m.

i played alpha protocol 3 times with a broken 360 controller that made it impossible to aim or be steathy since my character wouldn't stand still and i loved it. it wasn't great but i didn't think it was nearly as bad as it was made out to be.
  • EnigmaSpirit - November 24, 2010 2:08 a.m.

PSPgo should have totally been on. Its a psp that doesnt play psp games... fail.
  • FinderKeeper - November 24, 2010 2 a.m.

"Five hundred ninety-nine U.S. dollars" >_<
  • Grif - November 24, 2010 1:53 a.m.

To be honest I never had a problem removing 360 faceplates. Just grip the bottom and pull... Great article
  • MrSuitMan - November 24, 2010 1:47 a.m.

Huh. Would've thought PSPgo would've made it.
  • xzavieritup - November 24, 2010 1:37 a.m.

man every thing there is gey