We Recommend

• closer2192 - December 19, 2011 3:30 p.m.

I'm disappointed that the original Battlefront didn't make an appearance, it was good too!
  • AxiamWolfe - December 19, 2011 4:23 p.m.

But wasn't Battlefront 2 an improvement in most aspects of the original?
  • avantguardian - December 19, 2011 11:53 p.m.

it was, in almost every way. BUT, BF1 had the amazing bespin level (why it wasn't in 2 is beyond me), and in BF2 they neutered team damage, so everyone would roll with whatever the launcher class was called, and just shoot rockets at their feet, 'cause it wouldn't kill them. soon, everyone was doing it just in order to keep up (kinda like the MW2 one-man army/noob-tube/danger close nonsense). eventually, it put me off the game entirely. having only the tatooine level available for the awesome infantry-free game mode (you wanted to use han and fett in this mode, but you would just get WORKED) was also a bizarre decision, imo.
  • playswithsquirrels - December 19, 2011 2:54 p.m.

I loved KotOR. For whatever reason though, I always loved KotOR II more. I know how flawed it is, and I definitely didn't expect it'd be on this list, as it's a rightful omission. I guess it's all the unanswered questions that drew me in. I could write my own ending of sorts, but I always favored it to the first game.
  • DualWieldingIsNotFeasible - December 19, 2011 2:42 p.m.

With all the sequels, spin-offs, remakes, and reboots coming out right now, the fact that they aren't making a new Battlefront is frankly infuriating. Imagine what a modern version of those games would be like! Massive online battles! Horde mode, where you and a bunch of fellow storm troopers are taking on ewoks and rancors! Why, developers?! Whyyy?!
  • Crypto140 - December 19, 2011 2:41 p.m.

I really wish they would make a sequal to Battlefront, and new battlefront on todays consoles would be amazing. KOTOR and Republic Commando were also really amazing games.
  • TheZigMan - December 19, 2011 2:35 p.m.

Jedi Outcast 2 is one of my fave games of all time. The story, the gameplay, the graphics (at the time they were amazing)and the multiplayer. I played this game up until 2009, when my CD scratched and I couldnt find a new copy
  • EwoksTasteLikeChicken - December 19, 2011 2:30 p.m.

Just recently broke out my old Xbox, just because I felt like playing Jedi Knight II.
  • UberNoob - December 19, 2011 9:05 p.m.

I took out my PS2 with a copy of BFII and bought a 2nd copy of BFII for PC just to enjoy that game all over again :)
  • greentumbleweed - December 19, 2011 1:55 p.m.

This article makes me wish Lucasarts would have a second golden age... I would so buy a flight stick for TIE Figher - HD.
  • ItBurnsWhenIWii - December 19, 2011 1:51 p.m.

The multiplayer on the episode 3 game was also fantastic.
  • NightCrawler_358 - December 19, 2011 6:33 p.m.

Ugh, you mean that mortally flawed Fighter on a 2D landscape? Yeah, I played Episode 3 quite a bit, and it was pretty bad, but I don't think anybody enjoyed that terrible multiplayer minigame.
  • LordZarlon - December 19, 2011 1:49 p.m.

Actually I would pick the sequel to Jedi Knight 2: Outcast which was Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy. Star Wars Episode One: Podracer on the N64 was pretty fantastic too. Don't forget Empire at War on the PC either.
  • kjdubz22 - December 19, 2011 2:06 p.m.

I agree with the Jedi Academy pick. Thought it was better than Outkast, though both were definitely good.
  • Pwnz0r3d - December 19, 2011 2:23 p.m.

Empire at War was bad. Very bad. At least the land battles were, which meant a good 50% of the game was bad. The space battles were epic, but the land battles were HORRENDOUS. I wouldn't place it among these games.
  • Stabby_Joe - December 19, 2011 3:22 p.m.

I'm going to have to disagree, Empire at War for me at least was the what many wanted out of a Star Wars RTS. Granted battles were basic but I still found them functional and enjoyable. Even if you didn't like it, there's more potential for that series.
  • winner2 - December 19, 2011 1:46 p.m.

Called it on KOTOR, truly one of the best games i've ever played not just out of star wars, but in general.
  • MeabhieD - December 19, 2011 2:23 p.m.

I only played it for the first time in October, but BY GOD was it amazing! :'D
  • The_Tingler - December 19, 2011 1:26 p.m.

"Out of all of the fantastic games in the Star Wars license, Knights of the Old Republic definitely stands out as one of the best." Um... one of the best? At No. 1? You've just kinda undermined your own argument there, which I was agreeing with otherwise.
  • codystovall - December 19, 2011 12:53 p.m.

I actually liked the lego star wars prequels more than the Lego star wars original.
  • PrancingCera - December 19, 2011 12:42 p.m.

My favourite is easily Rogue Squadron 2. I used to play the Hoth level over and over again.
  • SnowCat - December 19, 2011 12:36 p.m.

Jedi Outcast with dismemberment cheat on was sooo gooooood. One wrong move and you dead, just like it suppose to be.