Topics

Halloweek Top 7

We Recommend

• killercroc72 - November 4, 2012 10:24 a.m.

Well, I only recognized the Minecraft one, but the other ones still managed to creep me the hell out.
  • blackrealm - November 4, 2012 12:03 a.m.

i already knew almost all of those, but that faceless squall? Daaaaaaaamn you got me there, that sacred the shit out of me
  • 8bitBaby - November 3, 2012 3:48 p.m.

man, i don't recognize ANY of these gaming urban legends. hell, I played FF8, and never made that kind of connection. I was way too busy being bored out of my mind playing it. what a boring effing game. I beat it tho, and watched it til the end of the credits. boring. i guess ive been living under a rock or something this last decade and a half.
  • Fuzunga - November 3, 2012 2:34 p.m.

Though for sure this list would include the ghosts of Halo.
  • hiner - November 3, 2012 6:35 a.m.

Story about Ben is creepy enough but that's all it is, just a story. It was made up by the author. http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/majoras-mask-creepypasta-ben-drowned
  • Kyo - November 2, 2012 10:01 p.m.

That Squall story(mostly the picture) gave me chills LOL creepy.. and I never got to beat the game cuz half way through my ps3 died and I lost the data.. still haven't tried again but damn that's crazy to think about. lol Also the Pokemon legend... I read a VERY VERY long story about it the end was like the end of a book but still a great read wish I remembered what it was called lol If there's a game that makes me feel creeped out even to this day it's pokemon blue. when i watch videos/hear the music from it I feel the same way I felt when I played it when I was a little boy haha
  • RonnyLive19881 - November 2, 2012 6:54 p.m.

I was shocked the Ben story wasn't on there... I'm happy the community pulled through for once Lol
  • FierceVoltage - November 1, 2012 6:47 p.m.

Also what was the island in Goldeneye thing?
  • camerinian - November 24, 2012 9:54 p.m.

It refers to an island that can be seen from the Dam, via a sniper rifle. There were rumors of special weapons, strange enemies, etc. hidden away on there. Unfortunately, none of it's true. Gametrailers did a video where they used a cheat device to turn off clipping, and they walked over the sea to the island. There is literally nothing more than an empty tower over there
  • FierceVoltage - November 1, 2012 6:39 p.m.

Wait what was the thing about the unknowns spelling "LEAVE NOW"? I did not hear about that?
  • PoisonWar - November 1, 2012 4:56 p.m.

God damn, really like this sort of stuff, Great article guys!
  • DeeEss - November 1, 2012 10:40 a.m.

Ha! I just got the "WAKE UP" thing. :) I wonder who's torturing me. I bet they're douchebags.
  • Cwf2008 - November 1, 2012 12:08 a.m.

As much as I love this new format, I would like it even more if I could read the damn article. Seeing as when I click "next" nothing happens, that is not possible
  • GR HollanderCooper - November 2, 2012 9:42 a.m.

What operating system/browser are you using? I'll try to get this flagged asap.
  • john-peden - November 2, 2012 7:46 p.m.

I'm having the same issue on my Nexus 7 with both stock browser and chrome
  • InfogramesRadar - November 4, 2012 4:51 p.m.

Same here on plain old google chrome
  • Person5 - October 31, 2012 3:23 p.m.

I'm sincerely shocked BEN isn't on this list. The haunted copy of Majora's Mask which houses Ben's spirit, THAT is a creepy read. The story along with the videos the only person to play the copy put up on YouTube. Where the game happens in all different orders, killing Link randomly and the like to get a message across. It drove the player mad if I remember correctly.