We Recommend

• EwoksTasteLikeChicken - January 9, 2012 4 p.m.

Ocarina of Time was the first Zelda I played, and I remeber encountering Dark Link and just thinking What the fuck is this?!?
  • EwoksTasteLikeChicken - January 9, 2012 4:03 p.m.

*remember
  • BladedFalcon - January 9, 2012 4 p.m.

But the Evil Samus in Metroid Fusion is so much more superior than the Samus in the Metroid Prime series... I mean, sure, the one in the MP series has more screen time and is more ambitious. But as far as sheer sense of menace go, the one in metroid Fusion was pretty fucking scary. When she chased you, you KNEW you had to run and hide, FAST. That evil Samus didn't fuck around, and was guaranteed to kill you if you made a false move. The sense of fear and dread both her and Nightmare added to that game are the reason I consider Fusion my favorite game of the series. Otherwise, pretty cool list. And while I love Liquid, I can't argue Dark Link the top spot. That encounter you have with him is so memorable that it's pretty much the one thing that sticks most out of my mind about the game, being that I played it when i was like 10 years old.
  • shawksta - January 9, 2012 5 p.m.

I agree, having recently played Fusion after getting it free, SA-X scares you and having to hide from it and run from it(Especially when your forced) makes it better variant. Dark Samus is its own character which is probably why it was mentioned instead. Ironic thing is, I fought Nightmare for the first time in Other M, i didnt even know its name till it appeared on Fusion with that persona, creepy as hell man...
  • BladedFalcon - January 9, 2012 5:59 p.m.

Oh yes, Nightmare is easily one of my favorite enemies/Boss fights in gaming. Mind you I never played Other M, but his appearance in Fusion is enough. The way the foreshadow him, how he stalks you in fast moving motions in the background, it's VERY fucking scary, and the boss fight itself more than justifies why you should be afraid of him. One of the reasons i love fusion so much is because i don't think there's quite any other handheld game that has managed to be so scary and tense, and really, in a genre and graphical style that you would have never suspected it.
  • ThatGuyFromTV - January 9, 2012 8:49 p.m.

Stop. Right now. Nightmare nearly made me shit my pants. SA-X did multiple times. The game is freaking awesome, but I'm staying the hell away from it's feeling of "ohmygodwhatthefuckamIsupposedtodo" any time I'm not playing it. Christ, it is quite literally the only game to make me feel anything like what that game did.
  • BladedFalcon - January 9, 2012 9:06 p.m.

Heh *high fives* Glad to know I am not the only one that feels that way. I mean... yeah, I definitely think Fusion is one of the most overlooked great games out there. In some ways, it might simply be the best Metroid game.
  • Kalamadea - January 5, 2014 4:49 p.m.

Am I one of the only ones who was never scared a bit by Fusion? (Then again, it takes more intense horror to scare me, such as with Amnesia or Penumbra) For me, I felt the whole SA-X thing was more frustrating than scary, which is why I don't really like the SA-X too much. However, I still feel that Fusion is tied with the Prime trilogy for best Metroid game. I feel that Dark Samus was a bit more ominous than the SA-X, without the all-out frustration the SA-X brought. I just feel Dark Samus was a bit better written as a character than the SA-X, which is why she's my favorite in this list rather than Dark Link. Not only does she reflect what happens when a hero is driven over the edge (in the case of the Prime trilogy, this is represented by corruption, if you'll remember the death animation for when you're in Hypermode for too long), but does more than that at the same time, seeking to consume everything rather than just being a mindless killing machine like the SA-X. Dark Samus had thought behind her actions. Shoot me if you like, but Dark Samus is one of my favorite villains of all time. She's up there with guys like the Joker.
  • RedHarlow - January 9, 2012 3:41 p.m.

Solidus Snake wasn't technically "evil" He only wanted to free the world of the control of The Patriots (the same goal Solid and gang had), but Solidus just wanted to go about it by detonating a hydrogen bomb above New York. He went the same path as Big Boss. Both had good ideas, but had bad ways of going about achieving them.
  • PrancingCera - January 9, 2012 3:36 p.m.

Great list, although your first screenshot in the Force Unleashed 2 bit is actually from the first Force Unleashed, you don't get to fight Luke in the second :(
  • soren7550 - January 9, 2012 3:04 p.m.

The only evil clone I ever had to deal with was the one at the end of the Fable 3 Traitor's Keep DLC, and even then I'm not so sure if that counts.
  • needles - January 9, 2012 2:49 p.m.

Nintedno sucks.
  • BaraChat - January 9, 2012 2:53 p.m.

Because it's Nintendo's evil clone. You're right.
  • HamsterGutz - January 9, 2012 2:59 p.m.

I lol'd
  • talleyXIV - January 9, 2012 3:18 p.m.

Seems legit. *Nintendo* Can't you proof read your two words?
  • gmcb2011 - January 9, 2012 4:15 p.m.

Oh hey, needles is back. With a new picture.
  • Person5 - January 9, 2012 4:22 p.m.

you may have changed your picture but we all still know its you, least this one is a bit less "in your face" about your trolling
  • comaqi - January 9, 2012 2:48 p.m.

Good job.
  • ItBurnsWhenIWii - January 9, 2012 2:47 p.m.

What about the evil Halo clone? What's it called again? Oh yea, Killzone.