Topics

Top 7

We Recommend

• patbateman17 - October 2, 2012 5:52 a.m.

So what's the likelihood that Bethesda totally bones Dishonored on PS3? After Skyrimgate I'm not sure I can really trust them - anyway just picked up Borderlands 2 which has been a blast, so by the time I'm ready for a new game, the news should be out if Bethesda screwed the pooch again.
  • CombatWombat101 - October 2, 2012 9:07 p.m.

Bethesda is just the publisher for Dishonored; it's actually being developed by Arkane Studios.
  • patbateman17 - October 3, 2012 6:01 a.m.

Ah, thanks. Yeah I actually found that info well after my comment on here - I've just been hurt by Skyrim :) But seriously, Dishonored looks incredible.
  • CombatWombat101 - October 3, 2012 12:59 p.m.

Don't worry about it - I think we've all been a little hurt by Skyrim. But I can't argue with you; Dishonored looks absolutely amazing. Can't wait for Arkane Studios' chance to break into the big scene. They've definitely got the talent.
  • crazor89 - October 2, 2012 3:03 a.m.

Really looking forward to ACIII and Dishonored! Also Hitman: Absolution would be on my list, basically I like assassinating people :)
  • dcobs123 - October 1, 2012 7:50 p.m.

Also missed Unfinished Swan, unless that's not 2012.
  • ObliqueZombie - October 1, 2012 5:20 p.m.

I haven't really heard of anyone being over-excited for 2012. I, for one, am only looking towards BioShock: Infinite and possibly Star Wars 1313. This year is going to be bombastic. Hell, it already is for me!
  • The_Tingler - October 4, 2012 9:48 a.m.

Trust me: if you're excited about Bioshock Infinite, you need to be excited about Dishonored too.
  • ObliqueZombie - October 4, 2012 5:09 p.m.

I actually meant to type 2013: I haven't heard anyone over-excited for 2013. Dishonored is number one on my list of games to get, definitely.
  • taokaka - October 1, 2012 5:16 p.m.

YOU MISSED THE WONDERBOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Errrrbo - October 1, 2012 4:50 p.m.

Could we all stop pretending ZombiU is getting attention for any reason other than it being a WiiU exclusive that's also dark? If that game was on Xbox 360 or PS3, it wouldn't be getting nearly as much attention.
  • bash street kid - October 1, 2012 5:30 p.m.

Of course it wouldn't get as much attention on the Xbox or Playstation. It's a launch title for a new console, that's kind of the point.
  • Nifheilm - October 1, 2012 5:50 p.m.

of course it wouldnt get as much attention. If it were on those consoles it wouldnt have the unique features of the gamepad that make this game so alluring to everyone who has played it
  • ThatGamerDude - October 1, 2012 4:23 p.m.

Out of this list, the only games I plan on buying is NfS: Most Wanted, Halo 4 and Far Cry 3. However, I've already pre-ordered Pokemon Black Version 2 and may even buy Forza Horizon, LBP Karting, Black Ops II as well as a few others if I can. I'm seriously going to go broke buy the end of this year!
  • YesConsiderably - October 1, 2012 3:29 p.m.

The list is missing 007 Legends, which i expect will be the best FPS of the year... and possibly all time. You might be able to tell from my avatar (a photoshopped version of the cover art from the 2008 edition Diamonds are Forever) that i'm a little bit of a James Bond fanboy, however. I'm also more excited for Black Ops II than Halo 4. Treyarch are doing enough differently that the annual excitement is justified for once, while the same cannot be said of the Halo franchise.
  • GoldenEagle1476 - October 1, 2012 4:34 p.m.

The same cannot be said about the Halo franchise? Really? This is the first Halo game not being made by Bungie (not counting Halo Wars or CE: Anniversary) so that alone should make people exicted for the game. However, there's also an entirely new enemy, new story, new characters, new weapons, and a new setting. I'm not trying to say that you should feel more exicted for Halo 4. I'm just trying to make it clear that there's definitely going to be some differences between this game and the rest in the series.
  • YesConsiderably - October 1, 2012 4:58 p.m.

I don't think so, no. At least not to nearly the same extent. Black Ops II is to feature a branching narrative in which your decisions and actions/inactions affect not only the way the events of the game play out, but also retroactively alter the antagonist's motives. Really, the new futuristic setting is one of the least impressive changes Treyarch are making with the game. Halo 4 has a new location and some new enemies... my response is: so? It should be doing that anyway. Nothing has been added that will drastically alter the experience.
  • GoldenEagle1476 - October 1, 2012 5:07 p.m.

From all the videos and trailers I've seen of Black Ops II, it still looks like a frantic shooting rampage. Even if it does include a branching narrative, it will in no way alter that experience.
  • ObliqueZombie - October 1, 2012 5:19 p.m.

I, too, am excited for the litany of things I believe Treyarch will get right, but it's not "changing" anything much like Call of Duty isn't. It's still the same game play, the same physics engine, the same "ADS" shooting, the same twitch-skill, the same ebb and flow of the battles, the same... you get it. Much like Halo 4, it's going to improve on its base level and add some much-needed tweaks to the already solid multiplayer (disregarding Reach and MW3).
  • YesConsiderably - October 1, 2012 5:33 p.m.

Well no, i disagree. I appreciate that i am one of a minute fraction of CoD fans that buy and play the games purely for the single-player campaign, but i believe the branching narrative will have a huge impact on my experience. It's also worth pointing out that intersped throughout the campaign are sections in which you control a whole team of soldiers from an overhead perspective, issuing orders, with the ability to jump into any role. This is something that will affect the gameplay. Halo 4 very much is just another dose of the same old thing. The same really can't be said for Black Ops II.
  • Evanesco - October 1, 2012 8:34 p.m.

What can be said for Halo however, is that the single-player will last more than 5 hours.