We Recommend

• TheInvincibleDragon - January 30, 2012 6:32 p.m.

I loved Dissidia. Played it for a good while during my deployment. I LOVE Crisis Core (Genesis, FTW!!), and Tactics has always been one of my favorites. What threw me for a loop was Secret of Mana. I had absolutely NO clue that it was FF spinoff. And I didn't like Kingdom Hearts, much.
  • NubberzTheHedgehog - January 30, 2012 5:42 p.m.

I hated Kingdom Hearts as a kid and I hate it now. Secret of Mana has the best box art ever and remains one of my all time favorite games.
  • ThatGuyFromTV - January 30, 2012 7:11 p.m.

I don't know about the game itself, I've never played it, but... god damn, that box art is incredible. Literally breathtaking.
  • NubberzTheHedgehog - January 30, 2012 8:06 p.m.

Think of the combat and mechanics of Zelda: ALttP mixed with the stats and progression of Final Fantasy VI and you have perfect RPG bliss.
  • xarab4lyfex - January 31, 2012 6:21 a.m.

I would say perfect is a stretch. I can agree it is a hybrid of a zelda/final fantasy, but play it today and it's really outdated, unlike said Zelda and FF6. While it was great back then, it's nowhere near as enjoyable today, at least for me. But I never really cared for that game anyway.
  • Scoob - January 31, 2012 3:01 a.m.

My beef with Kingdom Hearts was the control. Way too tight. After six years of Nintendo perfecting the 3rd person controls with games like Mario 64, and Zelda, I couldn't get used to Kingdom Hearts.
  • statutoryreparez - January 31, 2012 10:08 a.m.

I completely agree with SoM box art, in fact its the background for my phone
  • profile0000 - January 30, 2012 5:23 p.m.

Tactics, Kingdom Hearts, and Dissidia were the shit. Loved those games.
  • evilmajikman - January 30, 2012 4:22 p.m.

Man, I must be the only person in the world that hates Tactics. That game was so freaking boring.
  • Triscuitable - January 30, 2012 4:58 p.m.

You're not alone. I liked the "spinoff-off" for the iPod (and eventually, iPhone, and yes, it was on the iPod), "Song Summoner: The Unsung Heroes". That game actually let you take songs you listen to constantly, and make units out of them, varied by the pitch and BPM of the song, and even genre. The more you listened to a song, the better the unit got. It really made my over-listening of "Ride the Lightning" all the more sweet.
  • ssj4raditz - January 30, 2012 4:14 p.m.

I honestly didn't know Secret of Mana was related to FF... You learn something new every day!
  • ThatGamerDude - January 30, 2012 4:07 p.m.

Kingdom Hearts and FFT are my two favorite from this list. Memories!
  • Yukichin - January 30, 2012 4 p.m.

Er... you got Utada's name wrong. It's Hikaru, not Hikari.
  • Darkhawk - January 30, 2012 3:45 p.m.

Ugh I tried FFTactics but couldn't stand it. It's sitting unplayed on my PSP. I get WHY people like it, but definitely not for me. Also, reC: goatsuckers
  • Mezolitik - January 30, 2012 3:29 p.m.

Crisis Core made me cry. I was a 25 year old man, drunk out of my face, crying my eyes out at a video game. I loved Sephiroth in CC. He was such a nice, friendly guy. Then, well...everybody knows the rest. Good times. I remember FF:T fondly too. I was stuck on that bastard Velius (who is now Belias, I believe) for something like three weeks. I had the game on import on the PS. I bought a PSP just to play it again.
  • MeTimeFreeTime - January 30, 2012 3:26 p.m.

Absolutely loved the story for FF Tactics Advance on the GBA! The story was simple but the amount of depth to the characters was amazing.
  • darkrider105 - January 30, 2012 3:22 p.m.

Gotta say that Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced was one of my most played gameboy games besides Advanced Wars. Never got to play the original :( Great list GR great list
  • BladedFalcon - January 30, 2012 3:21 p.m.

Tactics is first place. Good, all is as it should be. FFT is arguably even better than most core games save perhaps FFVI in my opinion. I did shake my head slightly at Crisis core though... Honestly? that game bored me to tears, didn't even finish it. Combat, exploring and side-quests are annoyingly repetitive and story's contrived and not that good. But eh... I didn't finish it, so I can't slam it down completely without knowing the ending.
  • slimjim441 - January 30, 2012 3:11 p.m.

Props to Tactics, but I f*cking love Kingdom Hearts.
  • Ilyere - January 30, 2012 3:10 p.m.

I love Crisis Core and Dissidia so much. =w=