We Recommend

• GameManiac - January 31, 2012 11:39 a.m.

Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy Tactics FTW!
  • Balaska - January 31, 2012 11:07 p.m.

I miss the good old days of beautiful box art and touching stories, good old Secret of Mana. Please Squenix, more of this!
  • jmcgrotty - February 1, 2012 1:30 a.m.

I was hoping you wouldn't screw up the list, but thought you would. Thank you for not letting me down: You screwed up the list. Please, PLEASE quit saying anything positive about Final Fantasy Tactics. That is almost the absolute low-point of the whole franchise. It's a pathetic POS that people only liked at release because it was different. But, when people actually got past that and into game mechanics, it was an absolute mess. Seriously, the game is 100% unplayable. Freaking pathetic, guys. But, kudos for adding Mana. I'd count it as a valid spin-off.
  • GameManiac - February 1, 2012 10:49 a.m.

Clearly, the FFT series is far too complicated for you. I stand on the complete opposite spectrum of your viewpoint. Haters gonna hate.
  • larkan - February 4, 2012 3:51 p.m.

Wow....sounds like you never got past the tutorial battle and couldn't figure out how to play the game? Why are you so mad? The game really isn't that complicated to figure out, I guess you should just stick to Final Fantasy XII (or mash one button constantly for win) until you get a bit of intelligence.
  • garyn-greene - February 2, 2012 11:35 a.m.

jmcgrotty. you are a tool. :) I've played FFT sometime like six times through, so wouldn't that make it 600% playable for me... or at least 100%... That said, I was worried that this list was going to be messed up, as well. I read through the choices, getting more frustrated with each one... in my mind thinking you wouldn't mention SoM and FFT. But, by the time I got to #3, I realized you had done your gaming research. Good list, mad props. Couldn't agree more with the list, especially the top 3 -- and especially the top cut. FFT has a better story than basically any game in history (for me) and a complex set of plots and emotions that leave every character (save Ramza) feeling more toward the center of the moral spectrum than outright good or evil. It was one of the first games that did that, whereas most games pitted "Selfless Hero" A vs "No Compassion Fiber in Their Body Villain" B.
  • Zeos - February 2, 2012 7:02 p.m.

Kingdom Hearts will always hold a special place in my heart for sure but the FF Tactics games are indeed awesome; especially the handheld ones!
  • amazinglover - February 4, 2012 6:56 p.m.

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII was a joke way to easy I won the vast majority of fights while pressing the attack button over and over again while using the other hand to smoke and or drink and only had to look at the screen to move my character in between fights. No way its number 2