Topics

Top 7

We Recommend

• MetroidPrimeRib - February 4, 2013 1:55 p.m.

Halo.
  • sephex - February 6, 2013 4:28 a.m.

I second that. For a good game that is, Halo is nothing like a movie.
  • shawksta - February 4, 2013 1:49 p.m.

Great list and agree that some things are best interpretted as games only. There are some points that it can do well, but thats only if it appeals to the gamers and only on a very special rare occasion does it do the gamers and people who dont know what its about, specifically the Ace Attorney Movie in Japan
  • FemJesse - February 4, 2013 1:45 p.m.

What the hell is going on in that Sims screenshot? It looks like a woman throwing a party for her dog that's pooping on the floor....
  • FemJesse - February 4, 2013 1:45 p.m.

In her skivvies.
  • ObliqueZombie - February 4, 2013 12:08 p.m.

Bing an avid fan of Warcraft Lore and reading many novels based around it (also, some of the better novels I've read, but back on topic), I think that if handled with finesse, the Warcraft movie (not WORLD of Warcraft movie) could be well done. But odds are, they won't hire Christie Golden and just write whatever is in their heads. One can hope that whoever writes it is at least a fan and pays attention, but hey, it's Hollywood. I would've added BioShock. The themes could be translated well into a movie, theoretically, but unless it's incredibly long, it could be disastrous. Even then, it would be hard to capture the feel of the game and put it into a movie--unless, of course, they base it on the book. Which would be boring as a film.
  • livinginlyoko - February 4, 2013 12:08 p.m.

I've questioned the idea of a proper House Of The Dead film that's actually respectful of the source material, main problem has always been how to develop the characters without going into exposition dumps which I've still never quite gotten round in actual ideas.
  • Bagger288 - February 4, 2013 12:05 p.m.

fallout and killzone would make great prequels for the series maybe as tv shows though. the killzone one would show britian trying to take to the stars to flee a decaying earth weras the fallout one details the america china war.
  • JAZ9030 - February 4, 2013 noon

I always thought they should make a monopoly movie. Mr Monopoly is dying and tring to find a succesor, so he invites people to play a game of stocks in wallstreet. To see who would become the next king of wallstreet. Then just throw some random stuff in to make it interesting. (I have no clue about wallstreet and stocks, I'm just putting out my thoughts.)
  • Bagger288 - February 4, 2013 11:59 a.m.

prototype would be a great movie,28 weeks later style.
  • RabidTurtl - February 4, 2013 11:54 a.m.

I could see Shadow of the Colossus working, with some changes. I think the only problem for it is that it is a tragedy, and tragedies don't ever seem to do that well any more.
  • Elgyem - February 4, 2013 1:23 p.m.

Relax. It's taking forever for them to make a sequel. A movie won't likely be released this decade.
  • Tjwoods18 - February 4, 2013 11:53 a.m.

I didn't like escape from New York City, and I won't like any MGS -like movie ever.
  • TheDudeFromNowhere - February 4, 2013 11:48 a.m.

Lol, a MGS movie with respect to the game would be very hard to do. You guys nailed it with all the confusion audience would endure. If they mainstreamed it, the movie wouldn't be the MGS everyone loved.
  • bass88 - February 4, 2013 11:33 a.m.

God Of War would easily work as a film. While Kratos remains a murderous bastard throughout, the game teased as to why he is that way before finally revealing why. This would be easy to replicate on film. The plotting of the game is genuinely good so that makes it easier as well. And let's not forget the subtext - the fall of man, man vs creator, complexities of guilt.
  • Bloodstorm - February 4, 2013 4:50 p.m.

I agree. Aren't there like hundreds of movies where the main character just goes on a murderous rampage, with brief flash backs to why he is on his murderous rampage? The only difference is the setting and who he is murdering.
  • Unoriginal - February 4, 2013 11:08 a.m.

Applause at the UB jokes.