Topics

Top 7

We Recommend

• scott-corsaut - March 27, 2014 6:22 a.m.

The Poison Ivy fight in Arkham Asylum
  • ryanjohnson - March 26, 2014 3:18 p.m.

Jecht from FFX versus whatever the god thing you were invincible for was.
  • jivago-chaves - March 26, 2014 1:09 p.m.

In Metal Gear Rising Revengeance, The fight against Samuel is a lot better than the final boss.
  • skullbaron - February 18, 2014 10:29 a.m.

MK4 - goro FF7 - emerald weapon
  • charles-hillman - January 29, 2014 10:04 p.m.

Not truly a "Mini-boss" but in Golden Sun, the optional boss, "Dullahan" which could actually use your own strength against you. You charge up your Djinn for a mega-attack and he uses them to use that attack against you before you can, leaving you to re-charge them and hope he doesn't hit you that quickly next time.
  • ivan-lopez - January 20, 2014 2:52 p.m.

Firefly of Arkham Origins should be a honorable mention in my book.
  • Asoka99 - December 17, 2013 6:43 p.m.

How about Deathstroke in Arkham Origins. That was my favorite fight all game.
  • HEELHousell - May 23, 2013 1:52 p.m.

What? No love for Mr. Freeze in Arkham City?
  • alecbeals - May 22, 2013 4:23 p.m.

Does anyone else think Belial, Lord of Lies was a better boss than Diablo him/herself in Diablo III?
  • codystovall - May 21, 2013 8:56 a.m.

I like the last boss of bioshock.
  • ObliqueZombie - May 21, 2013 8:53 a.m.

That Big Daddy. What is that? I don't remember ever fighting that one in the screenshots, and I've even seen it in the promotional shots on Steam and Xbox. What does it DO?! Great list, Mr, Houghton. I love me a tough mini boss fight, and Dark Souls is full of them.
  • N0Scarfs - May 21, 2013 7:36 a.m.

What about Ninja Gaiden's Alma? I always considered her a miniboss, but maybe she's a boss. Way better than Murai (was that even the end boss? who cares). To me, she will always be the epitome of a boss battle. Beyond frustrating, but not because she's cheap, because she's incredibly fast and ridiculously powerful and you're not (yet). Once I defeated her, 4 hours and 2 controls after starting that battle, I've never felt so powerful.
  • sandplasma - May 21, 2013 6:20 a.m.

I agree with daniel-scott.
  • daniel-scott - May 21, 2013 3:36 a.m.

Psycho Mantis. Nuff said
  • rob619 - May 21, 2013 7:23 a.m.

Agree big shame Psycho Mantis not on this list. There tons of MG, Then End in Snake Eater to name a few
  • g1rldraco7 - May 20, 2013 8:32 p.m.

That damn berserker from the first gears. I almost smashed my controller trying to beat hat thing and that Dr. Salvador......still have nighmares about fighting him!!!!!
  • C.King - May 20, 2013 6:49 p.m.

rule of thumb seems to be the second last boss fight is the most fun(excluding bone fin from mario galaxy, but only because i got no clue where he'd be placed in order) fawful from the 1st mario & luigi zant from twilight princess rival before elite 4+ champ(counting them together because they're practically a combined endurance trial) in any pokemon game dark megaman in mmbn4 boss rush/equipped rematches from any megaman game most fighting games because the final boss is hard cause of cheapness rather than the 2nd boss fight being better on its own skyward sword's ghirahim was better than the final boss but the koloktos boss fight was the best
  • Spider3PO - May 20, 2013 4:11 p.m.

Dr. Salvador is moderately easy, and is often my next target when I hear his chainsaw. However, in a closed, small space - he freaks me out. Because it is almost effortless for him to take off your head. I can't count how many times in Mercs mode he caught me while distracted in a small enclosed area. In a mad search for supplies. But, RE4 is more sparing then RE5 with the chainsaw guys. I hate some of the areas the chainsaw guys appear in RE5. There's one small enclosed area I hate especially that chainsaw guy appears. If anything, it's his RE5 appearances that should be feared.
  • Arsalan - May 20, 2013 3:38 p.m.

I think you could add Shadow of the Colossus. The final fight was okay, but the 13th colossus (the one flying colossus where you had to jump from your horse onto it's wings) was amazing.
  • Arsalan - May 20, 2013 3:39 p.m.

I just realized it's mini-bosses, not regular old bosses. My bad.