Topics

Top 7

We Recommend

• sk8r7 - May 20, 2013 3:26 p.m.

How about the million+ hp boss Zodiark in Final Fantasy 12? No? ok.
  • PatHan-bHai - May 20, 2013 1:36 p.m.

Pigma? Darknut? What the hell kinda names are these?! >:O
  • talleyXIV - May 20, 2013 2:02 p.m.

New to video games with any creativity?
  • PatHan-bHai - May 21, 2013 6:08 a.m.

Nah. It's just that...........nah. Forget it.........Kiddie game logic :P (yes LoZ is kiddie to me)
  • talleyXIV - May 21, 2013 5:20 p.m.

Well it's too bad that you skip some great games because they aren't Call of Duty.
  • PatHan-bHai - May 22, 2013 8:53 a.m.

I don't play CoD :S Nor do I play Battlefield :S ............TOO (yes - TOO) over-rated! And yes, I have played almost all of the Legend of Zelda games........don't know why I bothered because the only time I liked Link at all was in Smash Bros. :S
  • raizen3 - May 20, 2013 1:34 p.m.

How about Ornstein and Smough that is the most adrenaline filled fight in any viedogame!!!
  • winner2 - May 20, 2013 1:59 p.m.

I think that would be the actual boss of anor lando rather than a miniboss
  • sleepyMexican45 - October 16, 2013 3:06 p.m.

I concur.
  • pat-thomson - October 23, 2013 4:29 a.m.

Completely Agree man!
  • awesomesauce - May 20, 2013 1:12 p.m.

Mr.Freeze in Arkham City
  • Pooka - May 20, 2013 1:07 p.m.

Birdo is a male.
  • Asoka99 - December 17, 2013 6:44 p.m.

O.O You learn something new everyday
  • robalister - January 30, 2014 12:02 p.m.

Which is why the author made mention of it. People always think that when they find out some sort of gaming trivia, they're the only ones who know. Everyone knows about Birdo dude.
  • garnsr - May 20, 2013 12:43 p.m.

How about the rooftop helicopter fight in Uncharted 2? Better than running around that stupid forest. @Firepunch I think it means any boss, or really any fight, that's better than the very final boss fight of the game. The terms boss and miniboss have gotten harder to use precisely since 16 bit days, I think, when you clearly had bad guys, a bigger bad guy in the middle, a really big bad guy at the end of a definable level, and a really really big bad guy at the end of the game.
  • slimjim441 - May 20, 2013 11:53 a.m.

Gotta say, I'm incredibly disappointed not to see the double team Pyramid Heads on here. Those two were infinitely more epic than Maria's little deathbox thingy. I might have included Lords of Shadow's Dracolich fight as well. Satan was too easy. Now, don't get me wrong, I love the Darknut fights in TP; they're incredibly more fun when you don't have a shield, too. BUT! the Darknut was by no means more epic than the 4-segment fight sequence with Ganon(dorf). More epic than OoT's, sure, but not TPs. Not even The Wind Waker's. If TP did anything right (it did everything right, FYI), it knew how to make epic bosses, even if they were easy. Almost every boss fight from TP was on par with fights you'd get from Metal Gear Solid in terms of epicness.
  • antiAntag0nist - May 20, 2013 11:18 a.m.

Was not expecting the #1 miniboss.
  • BladedFalcon - May 20, 2013 11:13 a.m.

Huh, and yet you guys awarded Ganondorf the title of the best villain in that list you made *rolls eyes*. Cute, considering how he isn't even the most memorable or even most threatening villain of the most popular game in the series. Anyway, I'd agree with most of these save the Dr. Salvador entry, if nothing else because he's barely anything more than a normal enemy that happens to have a chainsaw. Everyone super hypes him up, but honestly, when I played the game, I wasn't even aware he was a big deal because I killed him before he could even get near. A enemy that barely even registers if you play the game well enough isn't really a great mini-boss to begin with. Also, no Asura's wrath? That game had not one, but TWO mini-bosses that where better than the final boss. Both Wisen and Augus were far cooler and more memorable encounters than the very ho-hum Deus or even the Earth's core.
  • Firepunch - May 20, 2013 11:40 a.m.

Aren't Wisen and Augus actual boss fights not mini-bosses or are you referring to the turtle and the elephant( Sorry forgot the names haven't played Asuras Wrath in a whil)
  • BladedFalcon - May 20, 2013 12:41 p.m.

Well, they ARE actual boss fights, yes. But so it Kintaro as well for that matter.