Topics

charts UK

We Recommend

• BladedFalcon - January 21, 2013 7:07 a.m.

Heh... So what were you saying, MetroidPrimeRib? "Can't wait for this game to come out to see how hard it FLOPS!" There's your flop right there ;)
  • MetroidPrimeRib - January 21, 2013 9:20 a.m.

Of course it's selling well in the U.K., it's being backed by the Government there - and British people typically have really, really shitty taste in games anyway. Also considering the fact nothing else came out in January that would even interest someone in England. Look at that chart. Not a single game that came out in January. And selling "well" in the U.K. may only be around 100,000 copies. Sorry.
  • ultimatepunchrod - January 21, 2013 4:19 p.m.

Why are you so intent on wanting an awesome game to fail?
  • MetroidPrimeRib - January 21, 2013 6:02 p.m.

Hilarious, DmC is terrible. One of the worst games I've played in recent memory. You should be ashamed with your DMC3 picture. Let's run a quick list of reasons: 1. No fighting styles, the DMC3 had 6 and DMC4 had 5. DMC has 1 style. 2. 30fps instead of 60. This problem should be evident, as the game looks half as smooth and is also half as responsive. 3. No lock on. Seriously. Good luck trying to focus on a single enemy. 4. Style System is broken. In DMC3 and 4 you had to use variety to get an SSS, but in DmC you can spam the scythe or just use the same move over and over. The style meter also doesn't drop unless you get hit, so getting an SSS is fucking child's play. 5. Demon Dodge. Timing this correctly can give you an SSS so easily it's ridiculous. 6. Air Combos. There are moves which can make you stay in the air INFINITELY. Then there are grapples which pull you to the next enemy. Big areas mean you can just do this forever and never get hit. 7. Guns are useless. The guns do no damage and give you no style for use. There are only 3 guns, lack of gunslinger moves, and you can't aim in two directions with Ebony and Ivory. Couple this with no lock-on and you have useless shit. 8. Scythe and Axe are TOO useful. They do too much damage and launch enemies, while giving you a shitton of style. They also allow you to kill bosses so fast it's insane. 9. Speaking of bosses, there are hardly any. And when there are, they are always interrupted with cutscenes for no reason. 10. No taunt. Donte is too cool to taunt. 11. Shitty controls. Two buttons to dodge, having to hold down Angel and Demon buttons for moves, no point in the standard dodge when Angel and Demon are much better. 12. Devil Trigger. It's not one anymore, you do stupid anti-gravity shit and you don't turn into a demon anymore. Why? 13. Terrible script. Shakespearean my ass. If you think the conversation between Donte and the Slurm Queen is bad wait until Virgil opens his fucking mouth. 14. THE PLATFORMING MOTHER OF GOD WHY. There are plenty of sections that are literally just walking around and jumping. The platforming, is of course, atrocious. 15. Game is just to easy. Even on Nephelim the game is a breeze. All the bosses can be cheesed so easy it's baffling this game got through the dev stage. Puts DMC3 to shame. So calling this game "amazing" when the only thing it has going for it is a neat art style is laughable.
  • BladedFalcon - January 21, 2013 6:21 p.m.

And you thinking anyone would pay serious attention to you is equally laughable. It's hard to take any of your points seriously when it was obvious months ago that you had it in for the game, wanting to hate it even before playing it. And furthermore, most of your complaints feel just like nagging that the game doesn't function the same as it did before. Game looks fine, not necessarily better than DMC3, but different enough to give it a try. But then again, no such thing when it comes to you, you always are either ready to hate or love the game before even touching it.
  • MetroidPrimeRib - January 21, 2013 9:19 p.m.

So, you're completely willing to dismiss my points before the game comes out because the game has not come out and it is not fair to judge. And after the game has come out you are willing to dismiss my points because the game has come out and I had opinions on the game prior. Truly a great argument.
  • BladedFalcon - January 21, 2013 10:16 p.m.

I am dismissing your points because anyone with common sense, upon reading your comments, can tell you're heavily biased against the game. Even if you HAVE played it now, the fact that everything you have to say about it is pretty much negative, and every single you point why is made in such a mean spirited, hyperbolic way... Yeah, doesn't really sound like the most reliable opinion out there, does it? :P
  • winner2 - January 21, 2013 10:28 p.m.

Sorry, but did you really just associate opinions with the adjective "reliable"? I don't think those things go together the way I think you mean them to. And maybe he just really doesn't like the game for what it is.
  • SanFran51 - January 22, 2013 1:12 p.m.

Also DMC Devil May Cry has been classed non canon and it's a completely new story and it ignores the original Devil May Cry series so yeah Bladed Falcon is right.
  • MetroidPrimeRib - January 22, 2013 2:01 p.m.

Of course I'm heavily biased against the game, you don't need a Doctorate in Journalism to tell that. Maybe if the game had more then 2 redeeming features and the developers didn't try so hard to shove it into everyone's faces as the hottest shit ever created I wouldn't feel the need to bash it. Also just because I'm heavily biased doesn't mean you should dismiss my points. All these people ganging up on me are obviously heavily biased for this pile of shit.
  • BladedFalcon - January 22, 2013 4:42 p.m.

Not really, I'm neither super excited or disgusted at the game, I'm willing to check it out, but I already can tell there are some things I dislike, like the dialogue and shit. But having already played the demo myself, I found the combat itself pretty fun on it's own right. And yeah, the Stylish system of the previous games was far better and properly demanding, but other than that, Dante moved fluidly and the ability to switch most of your arsenal on the fly is pretty damn sweet. I dismiss your points because most of them are either overblown, or stupid nitpicking. Like complaining that Dante has no different set of style, and then putting DMC4 as an example... when the majority of that game you played as Nero who only had ONE fighting style and one set of weapons. Yeah, Dante had his styles rehashed from DMC3, but his part was not even 1/3 of the game. So basically, I ignore your points because you presented them idiotically, maybe if you were a bit smarter about it I'd be more open to not outright poke fun and call you an idiot for it.
  • MetroidPrimeRib - January 24, 2013 5:49 p.m.

If laying out all these points is "nitpicking" then what is criticism? There's nothing left for me to criticize.
  • ultimatepunchrod - January 21, 2013 7:13 p.m.

I'm obviously going to be able to convince you to change your opinion at some point since you're so open minded. Don't ever tell me I should be ashamed of a fucking avatar. I love the old series; I love the new game. Saying that DmC is one of the worst games you've played in recent memory really just means you haven't played many games recently. But I guess I'll just say one last thing, if the game was as truly lackluster as you seem to believe, it wouldn't be getting the kind of critical reception it has received. You'll probably now tell me that review scores don't matter, but if you really believed that you wouldn't be commenting on a games site article. I made a mistake even replying to your comment. You've never contributed a positive comment on a single article, review, feature, or preview on this website, so have fun being captain Negative Mclikes Nothing while I start my 4th playthrough of DmC.
  • cricket0 - January 21, 2013 7:23 p.m.

And now for some retorts! 1: fighting stlyes only designated one button, and on top of that most of the moves from the styles have been put into other buttons, meaning the best of all the styles without having to switch 2: Framerate does not correlate with quality, and its just as responsive if not more than previous entries, because the framerate only designates how much you see, not how fast you can input things. 3:Im sorry that you cannot aim yourself and need the game to do it for you, but hey, the rest of us will be here playing the game just fine 4:You cannot get a high ranking just by spamming one weapon, you have to use variety to get it that high 5:They had this mechanic in Bayonetta, and that game is awesome too, even better than the original 4 DMCs, so having this feature means that it adds to the game, and its only easy if the dodge is easy, which it is not. 6: The game focuses on air combos, so the fact that you can stay in the air a long time is a good thing. 7: guns arent useless, you use the guns to juggle enemies, shotgun for damage and blowback, and the bomb gun to do damage, and they do damage against most enemies and bosses if you ACTUALLY PLAYED THE GAME 8: Theyre only powerful if you can get a bunch of hits off, and most of the time you need to hit at the right time anyways, and I know you havent played the game, because anyone who has would say that the Aquila weapon does the most damage the fastest. 9: Less bosses means that each fight has more weight to them story wise, and there not just some powerful dude who happens to be in the way. Thats why they each have cutscenes, because fighting them matters to the story. 10: Theres no taunt because there are serious situations in the game where it wouldnt make sense for him to taunt. Would you stand around taunting if your trying to save your best friend from demons? No, thus no taunt. 11: Doesnt matter how shitty you think the controls are, there customizable, so its your fault for not taking the time to make them fit you 12: They were going to have an original devil trigger design, but the fans who didnt wait for the game to come out and decided to bitch about it bitched too much, so the creators had to bring the original Dante look into it to shut you guys up. 13: The script is only bad because you WANT it to be bad. I hate the Halo series, so i think the script is bad, but I havent actually played the games yet, so I wouldnt know, thus I cannot judge it 14: The platforming here is better than in any other dmc game, seriously, can you tell me that the jumping sections in DMC 3 are better than this games? No, DMC has clunky as shit platforming 15: Go beat the game on Hell and Hell difficulty, then tell me its easy 16: the art style is better than the last games, where it was just grey castles for hours, then they whip out the creative stuff when you got to hell
  • ultimatepunchrod - January 21, 2013 7:55 p.m.

You made those points more calmly than I could have at this point. My favorite complaint is that the platforming is either bad or there's too much of it. Am I the only one that remembers awkwardly grappling to those blue orbs with the Devil Bringer in 4? There were plenty of those sections in 4, and no one really complained until it was done 10x better in the new game. And like I said, I love the original series.
  • MetroidPrimeRib - January 21, 2013 9:17 p.m.

It really doesn't matter, you will like this game no matter what. Laying out a complete list of reasons for why it is terrible just isn't enough to convince you why it's not good, so nothing will. Going so far as to outright deny things that are wrong with the game.
  • ultimatepunchrod - January 21, 2013 10:04 p.m.

No. Beating the game 3 times is enough to convince me it's good.
  • BladedFalcon - January 21, 2013 10:14 p.m.

Bit your own tongue there...?
  • GOD - January 21, 2013 9:08 p.m.

Your reasoning for why it's bad it laughable. Primarily because either A) You bought it, played through it all personally, and are calling the game a flop, despite you buying it as the most anti-DMC person. or B) You haven't purchased the game but are trying to speak of it in detail despite probably playing no more than the demo, since you haven't even bought the full game. So either you financially supported the game you say will financially flop because it's bad, or you're one of those metacritic reviewers who rates a game 0/10 despite not playing the full game.
  • MetroidPrimeRib - January 21, 2013 9:17 p.m.

Renting doesn't exist, apparently.
  • GOD - January 21, 2013 10:53 p.m.

The obvious point being that you were still interested enough to play the full game then. Clearly someone more willing to give it a chance and not already dead set that they'll hate it, will just buy it. Most people who rent wouldn't have bought it anyways, since there's no multiplayer and it's campaign isn't exceptionally long.
  • MetroidPrimeRib - January 22, 2013 1:52 p.m.

So first I didn't buy it and have no right to complain about and now I rented it and had a clear interest in playing it to decide it's quality? Make up your fucking mind.
  • cricket0 - January 21, 2013 6:51 p.m.

Yeah, cause Anarchy Reigns didn't come out in January, oh wait yes it did. And who are you to say British people have shit taste is games? Cause it seems like you are hating on a game that a lot of people like. So if i have to pick between all of Britain's choice and yours, I'm gonna side with the country against one guy
  • MetroidPrimeRib - January 21, 2013 9:21 p.m.

Anarchy Reigns is a $30 niche game and DMC is a AAA title with MASSIVE marketing. It'll still probably sell about the same as DMC in America, though. And about the same as in Japan.
  • DICEs - January 22, 2013 3:49 p.m.

How can you slag off a country for having a shit taste in games. I'm guessing you have a shit taste in games as you apparently don't like anything except games that you played years ago and wear rose tinted glasses over. Also I'm guessing the most sold games here and the US are the same as they have mainstream appeal. e.g. Call of Duty and the countries main sport game Madden (US) /Fifa (UK). The fact this game has outsold both of them is pretty impressive and a very good sign that the game is selling rather well. Especially as Fifa is a huge seller over here.
  • MetroidPrimeRib - January 24, 2013 5:48 p.m.

DmC outsold everything because nothing came out besides Anarchy Reigns, got extreme marketing (especially in the U.K., where it's backed by the Government). Also DmC's current sales are 1/3'd of DmC4's, even though DmC had three extra days to reach it. And in Japan it only sold a half of what DMC4 did. SELLING GREAT!