We Recommend

• Averagegamer18 - February 19, 2011 6:42 p.m.

For me the only thing I care about is whether the 3DS will be bundled with the legend of zelda ocarina of time and will the case it comes in gold and everything like that. For me I will buy a 3DS at launch if it comes bundled with Zelda if not than I won't get one pretty simple if you ask me. Nintendo 3DS not worth 250 but for a Zelda bundle I would consider it
  • OTLeon - February 18, 2011 7:56 p.m.

@xxbrothawizxx Well, I think that's true. As there are so many people here think 3D is just a gimmick. I myself still not sure 3D is the future of games, and many others doubts. Buy it or not? I would say try it yourself. There are so many events around UK and we will have enough reviews from Japan before we put our orders.
  • OTLeon - February 18, 2011 7:47 p.m.

I think Team Ninja is not as good as before. They did not really do a good job on developing DoA 3DS ver. Just look at other games from Capcom, like RE Mercenaries and SSFIV(I played it in Manchester, thanks to GamesRadar), both of them have great graphics and a stable framerate with 3D on. So I don't think its the problem of the handheld itself. Besides, 30fps does not mean disaster at all. Actually many games we've played are 30fps, and framerate will drop under 30 even when they run on consoles like PS3(remember the replay part of PES2008?) But I need to mention that the low framerate would make your eyes quite uncomfortable in 3D. Another thing I want to mention is the 3DS can play in 2D. There is nothing wrong to play it in 2d. And I think we can create better graphic games on 3DS without 3D. I think 3D is just an option. Game developers should develop games based on their ideas, and use hardware to archive them.
  • grayguwapo - February 18, 2011 3:32 a.m.

that's why sony made the right move with the NGP... i would assume you need a lot of power to process 3D and make it fluid... don't get me wrong, i'm impressed with what the 3DS offers but i'm just not sure all games can handle it... i guess we'll just have to see... on a positive note, this could be a step forward to actually making the system better... treat like a beta...
  • SAUGAPRIME - February 18, 2011 3:13 a.m.

When are they gonna make DOA5 for PS3 and xbox360. To this day there so NO fighting game better then DOA4 for the 360.
  • robotic-fiend - February 18, 2011 3:04 a.m.

Damn, this is like making a Wii game without motion controls, blasphemous!
  • Japanaman - February 18, 2011 12:51 a.m.

Uh, so I might as well buy it on NGP instead. Still, if they release DOAX 3 in 3D, that would be a must buy.
  • Mikaro - February 18, 2011 12:16 a.m.

It was never my intention to use the 3D feature of the 3DS anyway so, not a problem. Then again, I'm not looking to buy DoA either...
  • Cyberninja - February 17, 2011 11:33 p.m.

i wasn't going to play in 3d anyway,also SSF4 is overated and the only reason people say its good is they have nostalgia for 2, its ok not great like everyone says it is.
  • ayaneshinobi - February 17, 2011 11:18 p.m.

This is almost ridiculous, like most of you said, whats the point of putting this on 3DS, if you can't play in 3D. Id rather they put this in 360 or PS3, it would just feel strange to play DOA game on a HANDHELD, and on a tiny screen.
  • xxbrothawizxx - February 17, 2011 11:07 p.m.

For some reason I get the sense that you guys aren't really liking the 3DS here on gamesradar. Come on, you really likened this game to the Dreamcast DoA2? That seems really harsh compared to comments by others.
  • Clovin64 - February 17, 2011 9:58 p.m.

After all the problems I've been hearing about the 3D function, my excitement for the 3DS has taken a massive plunge. I'll still keep an eye on it though, but Sony's NGP is currently a more exciting prospect for me.
  • Hyawatta - February 17, 2011 9:48 p.m.

2D or not 2D? Since Capcom can get Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition to run at a constant 60fps regardless of whether or not it is in 2D or 3D mode, then Team Ninja should be able to get Dead or Alive Dimensions to do the same. It is simply the lack of the developer's ability to pull it of that is to blame. Capcom has made it apparent that the 3DS is capable of running a beautiful game in 3D at 60fps. In fact, why doesn't someone go and ask the other developers such as Nintendo, Konami, Namco, and the like if any of their games are running in 3D at 60fps? I'm curious about Resident Evil as well. If SSFIV3DE is doing it, then it is likely that Mercenaries and Revelations will be running at 60fps in 3D as well. DoAD is the only game that we are hearing about because it is the one that can't run at 60fps in 3D, but please get the story about all of the other games first before you start saying all of the games will be the same way. I challenge anyone who is actually capable of finding out to put together a list of all of the 3DS games with their corresponding framerates for when they are in 2D & 3D modes. I bet Dead or Alive Dimensions will be the only game on that list.
  • Larinah - February 17, 2011 8:42 p.m.

We really had to wait a bit for games to really take full advantage of the original DS (except a few gems, namely Metroid Prime: Hunters) so I'm willing to bet that we'll have to wait a bit for the developers to learn what they can and cannot do with the 3ds. DoA is a beautiful game, and I'm still in a bit of shock that it can even run on a handheld, (call me old fashioned) but I'd say that we need to cut some slack on the launch games and be patient.
  • JetpackJesus - February 17, 2011 8:26 p.m.

I really don't care. I want DoA on Playstation again, and I certainly ain't shelling out for a whole new console for one game. I'm a fan of the series, but not THAT hardcore about it.
  • Zepaw - February 17, 2011 6:52 p.m.

@lemurian I assume it is a RIIIIDGE RACER! reference.
  • Turboash - February 17, 2011 6:35 p.m.

More like DoA DimensioN... right... RIGHT!? The 3DS will fail miserably because Nintendo is basing it on a fad no one gives a damn about.
  • therawski - February 17, 2011 6:27 p.m.

Doesn't matter I still have to SEE it before I buy it, why can't they fit a second analog nub like the NGP, because stylus fps doesn't work very well, metroid prime hunters was actually a huge let down for me, and I played the demo before getting the game.
  • MkLangley - February 17, 2011 6:24 p.m.

Well the 3D will be good while the novelty factor lasts, and gamers realize its not practical for long sessions of gaming. Its a new Dsi model after all, with an analog nub.
  • EnragedTortoise1 - February 17, 2011 5:31 p.m.

Then why aren't you making it for PS3??????? If the 3D is totally pointless, then why are you developing for the 3DS? This smells like Nintendo's money.