We Recommend

• CitizenWolfie - January 13, 2011 12:52 p.m.

I like to do all of them - especially on games like Smackdown which allows for multiple character saves. The types all seem accurate though, pretty much any of my created characters fall into one of these groups.
  • kennytheinsane - January 13, 2011 9:59 a.m.

I usually make all five of these just for fun. Even going as far attempting to make clones of my friends. I get a possibly unhealthy amount of fun out of a good character creator. Although my main is always The Clone.
  • Tomsta666 - January 13, 2011 8:35 a.m.

So yeah, im a red blooded, mans man. But given the choice, my character creations are always dainty women. What does that say about me eh?
  • IRIsH - January 13, 2011 7:52 a.m.

I always start but then get bored of character creation and end up giving up and playing with whatever I've done (ended up with some beastly creations) or whatever is there already (Shepard looks like Shepard). Good read though
  • TheWebSwinger - January 13, 2011 7:38 a.m.

I liked this article, even if I don't necessarily agree.
  • AntiGuardian - January 13, 2011 7:09 a.m.

I'd say 90% of the avi's I've messed with in video games and websites are emo looking. First rule is to be unique though. I like the reason you tried to give it. Or DID give it, with intelligent thought. Things like this can be given wide reason that, whether accurate or not, makes sense and is accepted.
  • FauxFurry - January 13, 2011 5:41 a.m.

You might need to add an 'Amateur Character Designer' for the likes of me. I'll go with whatever is most visually appealing or stylish yet fits the world as well as the behavioral options provided to the player so long as it doesn't look too dull or garish in the end. I also try to create as many characters as I have save slots available though sometimes,with fighting or wrestling games, I dip in to the Look-Alike category as pure roster filler(such as using Bleach characters, The Hulk and She-Hulk knock-offs in Soul Calibur 4,appropriate as shounen anime and American comic books heavily rely on filler content). What does it say about me that I have a Saint's Row 2 character who is a extra dark skinned heavy set woman with dreadlocks and Rastafarian inspired ensemble (which occassionally includes black chaps),a thick-necked granite faced blonde haired blue eyed male (Solipsis)Shepard in Mass Effect who bears a slight resemblance to Ron Pearlman, a pink-ish Khajiit girl with the headbanded hairstyle in Oblivion, and an incredibly pale skinned dapper people eating Mephistophelian fellow in a suit and tinted glasses in FallOut 3 (who I essentially recreated in Fallout:New Vegas recently after a playthrough as a Japanese woman with blue hair)? That I'm whimsical? Okay,maybe I just analyzed myself just there. That's your job,right?
  • ThundaGawd - January 13, 2011 4:29 a.m.

Lol, good read. Unfortunately, I don't fit into any of these categories. I tend to make my characters look as average as possible (still overall good-looking though), then I take a particular feature and make it stand out. For example, my main character in Vindictus is a roughly 6 foot tall woman with long black hair. But she has blood red eyes with a crimson tattoo centered over her right eye. (I'm actually a guy in real life, but the characters in that game are gender locked :))
  • KnightDehumidifier - January 13, 2011 4:07 a.m.

I aspire to make every character in every video game to appear as the hero of Space Mutiny. For future reference: http://www.badmovies.org/movies/spacemutiny/spacemutiny6.jpg Then in every video game featuring my dumb and overtly almighty slab of strong stuffing, I proceed to charge into every enemy screaming obscenities and one-liners in the hopes of survival. I won't, but I'll have fun.
  • quincytheodore - January 13, 2011 3:54 a.m.

@codzprc So true.. :clap: why stare at polygon male's ass when you can stare at polygon female's ass, much easier to my eyes
  • fattoler - January 13, 2011 2:08 a.m.

I always clone, then I put on the smartest clothes possible, and maybe a cool hat. You should do a clothes article next.
  • BrianDowns - January 13, 2011 1:39 a.m.

I always go for the badass. If i'm slaying demons and saving the world then i'm a badass. So why not look the part?
  • austin128 - January 13, 2011 1:32 a.m.

8. Black Guy Description: A black guy Psychoanalysis: You find it funny to make your character a black person.
  • SirDinkleman - January 13, 2011 1:08 a.m.

yeah i think 6 should be the asian, i made an asian clone of myself in mass effect. And hes paler than ever in mass effect 2
  • batouyukinawa - January 13, 2011 12:33 a.m.

It's just a humorous article. You can't quantify something as diverse, and intricate, as personality. I'd say in a broad stroke generalization sort'a way; this makes some points.
  • Japanaman - January 13, 2011 12:25 a.m.

My biggest complaint in CAP, CAWs, or whatever is side burns. Most games don't have them or the ability to choose length. The TH series is the only one that lets me choose full sideburns with a goatee. Most games only have half or really funky goatees.
  • Japanaman - January 13, 2011 12:23 a.m.

I forgot to mention I made myself a BA in Guitar Hero: Van Halen so I could play with the legendary band. But I do make original characters. I made around 60 original wretlers for Smackdown, made a female archer in Guild Wars, and in Saints Row, I went wild. Part 1 I made a blonde haired boy band member with a white shirt and red tie who slowly evolved into a purple "Pretty Fly For A White Guy" dude during the course of the game. Because he looked so girly and slightly emo, I made him a girl in Part 2, but of course, she has slightly manly muscles and the same face, so she kind of looks like the dude she use to be.
  • Japanaman - January 13, 2011 12:19 a.m.

Wow, am I stereotypical! 1. I made myself in Sims 1, every TH game, and PS Home. 2. I made myself better looking in every SDVR game out there. 3. I always make a monstrosity in every SDVR game out there. 4. My avatar is a look alike. 5. I make myself look like a BA in SDVR and THUG. But you forgot to mention cross dressers. I only play as short, female elves in PSO. Then again, that was the last character I picked after being horrible with every single character so I have an excuse. I'm goond with magic and being smaller makes you a smaller target. Of course, I did play as "Goth Girl" on THUG2 and people assumed I really was a girl. I just wanted to know if I could fool people and yeah, I guess I knew how to talk like a girl. But that was the only time, people!
  • Marz - January 13, 2011 12:15 a.m.

Gamesradar employees: leaders, gamers, writers, love makers, therapists... you people amaze me.
  • LordRevan111 - January 13, 2011 12:11 a.m.

how about the lazy... you know whoever picks the default model