We Recommend

• barrage7667 - November 12, 2013 6:47 p.m.

PS4 because of naughty dog and insomniac and those kind of guys. Also because MS was a dick.
  • taokaka - November 12, 2013 11:29 p.m.

but insomniac's next game is an XBOne exclusive, so why would that be a positive point for the ps4?
  • Timstertimster - November 12, 2013 6:34 p.m.

Microsoft can't do anything right these days. Finally the butthead Ballmer fired himself, and lookup there, the stock goes up. It will be 2-3 years before new CEO will MAAAAYBE improve things. Meanwhile I avoid Microsoft everywhere: my search engine, mail, smartphone, productivity software. The only thing I still use is Windows 7. Plus I thing gamers on PSN are more mature in general IMHO
  • matthew-stoddard - November 13, 2013 6:04 p.m.

LMAO...PSN gamers are NOT more mature in general...you have the completely backwards...you have more annoying kids on PS because it was free...XBox Live is 1000 times better than PSN in all areas...
  • Eightboll812 - November 13, 2013 7:15 p.m.

Heh, you just proved Timster's point, without even realizing it, Matthew.
  • TheGooseinator - November 12, 2013 6:26 p.m.

They seem pretty equivalent to me. Overall, it just depends on what you want out of a game. If you view games more as interactive movies or experiences based upon story, sensual elements, and unique gameplay, the PS4 is going to offer awe inspiring games from the likes of Naughty Dog and Quantic Dream that will perfectly suit your needs. On the contrary, if you view games as games, tools that you use to spend time with friends and simply enjoy yourself, or if you care more about other media sources like movies or tv shows with only the occasional game thrown in for good measure, then the Xbox One is probably for you. Regardless of the individual consumers tastes, both consoles are shaping up to be fantastic ways to experience the next generation of gaming.
  • Eightboll812 - November 12, 2013 6:34 p.m.

"or if you care more about other media sources like movies or tv shows with only the occasional game thrown in for good measure, then the Xbox One is probably for you." Not sure how this conclusion is made, unless you buy the commercials without analyzing the capabilities. 1) streaming movies/TV - both are essentially equal, except MS makes you pay for the right to use the streaming provider you already paid for. Sony's Netflix/etc is outside their paywall. 2) Live TV with no DVR - yay, MS has a lead there Not sure how pass through without a snitch of ability to record on the HDMI input makes it a better TV watching console. I don't know anyone still watching live TV for anything other than sports. And if you were a casual TV watcher who likes the stray game or two, it seems that paying MS for the right to be online and connect to a TV service erases any small advantage they might have with "Live TV".
  • TheGooseinator - November 14, 2013 7:20 p.m.

You have a point, but the difference is that Microsoft seems to be pushing those capabilities a lot more. They're more interested in making a media machine, as opposed to a game console. There's nothing wrong with that either. I might get all analytical about stories and mechanics in games, but at the end of the day there's nothing better than sitting back and unwinding with some Halo multiplayer or a good movie on Netflix.
  • Eightboll812 - November 14, 2013 9:26 p.m.

That's current gen, for both platforms. Nothing new there. I don't understand why people are so quick to give MS credit for capabilities that are quite old and even the Wii/Wii U has. It must be because it's new to Xbox users to have Blu-ray support and not needing an external player. I've been playing Blu-rays, DVDs and streaming on a PS3 for years as a single media box. Xbox users are just catching up and in true MS fashion, they pretend they came up with the concept. So is it that Microsoft's marketing department has finally caught on to what everyone has been doing on both platforms for years and are now making commercials about it? It seems to me we are all a little smarter than that. In fact there's a strong argument Sony was far more transformative in this regard 7 years ago with the PS3 giving us a media machine, than MS taking "that" and adding an HDMI input this gen and saying "hey look at us, we added live TV!!!"
  • Eightboll812 - November 12, 2013 6:14 p.m.

I'm excited because it looks like there is a decent resell market for launch editions on Ebay ;-)
  • jenovalife1 - November 12, 2013 5:41 p.m.

Playstation is actually for games. Not untill THIS month has xbox even dreamed of making a game themed advertisement. I am a gamer, not a zombie.
  • derekpratt - November 12, 2013 5:25 p.m.

ill be definelty buying the ps4 cause i have bought every other playstation but iwas really pissed of with sony when i bought the ps3 slim 160gb i only used it like 30 to 40 times when i played nhl 2010 and i decided to play online and it corrupted my hard drive so then i contacted sony and they said tuff luck not there problem i was in shock cause usally sony will make things right !!! so if i have any such problems like this again with sony i think i just might jump ship to xbox one so time will tell thanks for reading public
  • slimjim441 - November 12, 2013 11:45 p.m.

My grammar hurts...
  • JustAnotherRogueAI - November 12, 2013 5:24 p.m.

For me, it's the terrible business practices from Microsoft, for the most part. Sure, you can claim that the 180 fixed everything, but just the fact that Microsoft was willing to put all those terrible, anti-consumer features into the XBone in the first place turned me off completely. It took the threat of huge profit losses to show them how terrible they were being, and I'd rather not support a company like that. Oh, and let's not forget that the PS4 is $100 cheaper and that PS Plus is just all around better than Gold.
  • cricket0 - November 12, 2013 5:13 p.m.

Well, Its cause of value and customer service I only have enough money to afford the PS4 itself, and not any games for it However, it has several free to play games at launch, and I have a PS+ account from my PS3 that will carry over, and get me 2 free games in addition to the free to play ones As compared to the XBOne, where I need to pay $100 more, and get only 1 free to play game, which is a fighting game with only 1 fighter. And as for the customer service angle, I just cant get over Microsofts DRM heavy console that they proposed at it reveal and E3. I know some people say they did that on purpose, just so they could take it all back and make it seem like they care, but even if thats the case, I dont like being tricked into liking a company. I'll blindly like a company on my own terms, thank you very much
  • hestar - November 12, 2013 4:28 p.m.

At launch,Im honestly more excited for xbox one.Better launch lineup IMO.. BUT,sony always delivers the great IP's and when infamous comes out.I will get it and a ps4 without a doubt!
  • Jimez - November 12, 2013 4:14 p.m.

For me, it is simple. I'm getting a Playstation 4 because Microsoft royally screwed up back at the Xbox One reveal and at E3. Then, they decided to undo everything they screwed up on which didn't change my mind at all. PS+ has more benefits to it compared to Xbox Live. I'm not going to go too much into the price, but it is better. And the reason as to why, they ditched the camera. People can get whichever console they wish.
  • BladedFalcon - November 12, 2013 3:56 p.m.

I'm getting neither console initially, but I am definitely more excited to see what the PS4 does for now, mainly because if nothing else, seems like Sony is NOT doing everything they did wrong with the PS3 in the past, the price is reasonable, their focus on Indie development is laudable and could potentially be it's best feature, you can count on them to have a good combination of first and third party support, and I want to see how far the new features can improve gaming. specially streaming games and the ability to put the console to sleep mid-game and pick up where you left of right away sound very promising to me, even if they aren't properly integrated on launch. That, and has to be said, this entire year Sony has treated gamers with far more respect than Microsoft or Nintendo have, and that has gained a pretty good amount of goodwill from me for now. Let's see if they keep it up.
  • TokenGamesRadarFurry - November 12, 2013 4:37 p.m.

^ Pretty much what BladedFalcon said. I'm not getting one yet, but I think I'll eventually get a PS4 for the reasons listed above.
  • Manguy17 - November 12, 2013 3:23 p.m.

Well, here's a few reasons for me anyway 1) Price: The lower price leaves me with enough extra money for two games. So that's nice. 2)More powerfull: At least based on the launch batch, the ps4 seems to be superior from a visual perspective. 3)Games: The only xbox exclusive I'm looking forward to is Titanfall, which I can get on pc (At this point I should probably mention that the only reason Im getting a console at all is because I'm likely to move out within 2 or 3 years, I can take a console with me but not the PC). Looking back on this gen there are more sony exclusives that interest me, particularly as I play more singleplayer than multiplayer now. So while I might not get Halo, chances are there will be games like Uncharted and The last of us to play. The only one I will miss is forza, as I dont like GT much. 4)The fact that the xbone is more of a home entertainment system. I may be proved wrong in a few years time but right now Im not sure I trust Microsoft to work with the best interests of gamers in mind. I suppose this is also partially due to the backlash from the whole DRM issue. I guess MS just arent in my good books right now. 5)PS+: Free games and stuff, yay. On a more serious note this also means easier access to old playstation classics, perhaps spyro or w/e. 6) It's different, for me at least. Having been xbox/pc all this gen, going back to playstation simply feels new and exciting. Of course this is a bit of a silly thing with no real consequence, but it's how I feel. So theres a few. Xbox still has plenty going for it, but as I said, the only reason I was originally going to get an xbone was for Titanfall, but I can get that on PC, and from the sounds of it any sequels that get made will be multi-platform
  • ThatGamerDude - November 12, 2013 3:21 p.m.

I think I'm more excited for the PS4 over the Xbox One mostly because I'm so use to owning Playstation products than Xboxs (granted I own a Xbox 360). Another reason is simply because I know most of my friends are already buying PS4s. Lastly, Playstation tends to get the better JRPGs (Like Ni no Kuni) and I really enjoy JRPGs so I'm assuming that the PS4 will have a lot of them developed for it over the Xbox One.