We Recommend

• mothbanquet - January 31, 2012 7:13 a.m.

As someone below already said, the bosses from the Dead Rising games. They completely ruined what was otherwise a very fun experience.
  • Moondoggie1157 - January 31, 2012 7:31 a.m.

Yep, that's why I stopped playing it
  • Moondoggie1157 - January 31, 2012 7:30 a.m.

FFX... It has been so long since the game came out, so I MIGHT give it another chance. I bought the game at launch and literally lost myself in it, until my save file became corrupted, I was pissed to say the least. I waited 5 or 6 months to restart, and I actually made it farther (Seymour Flux for those who need a reference). AGAIN, file corrupted. I broke the disc out of rage. A year later I found a copy for cheap and decided that I needed to see through to the finale of the game. I made it to Zanarkand at the end of the game... Lo and behold, the fucking disc would not play past a certain cutscene. It has been what, 10 years since then? Is a decade enough time for a wound to heal? We'll see when it comes to PSN. FFX is the abusive girlfriend in my gaming world.
  • lazer59882 - January 31, 2012 11:27 a.m.

its also not the best in the series, and if you're busting your ass so hard to play FFX, hopefully that means you've already played the previous, better ones.
  • Moondoggie1157 - January 31, 2012 2:14 p.m.

Done and done ;)
  • Poot_evans - January 31, 2012 8:38 a.m.

I'm surprised on 2 counts with this article - how have you not noticed this before on footy games; and where are the pro evo fans to put the boot in??! I guess Pro evo is as bad in this area, which is one reason why Fifa seemed to allow you to win a game 10-0 when Pro evo would never let you have similar 'unrealistic' scorelines. 10 year ago playing pro evo when the team I crafted with the likes of Pele, Cantona, Cryff, etc, were riding high in the league, I knew my PS1 was going to make me lose. I found myself turning off the PS1 and then back on again as the first game you played always seemed to be more balanced and actually enjoyable. I could handle losing, but it had to be fair! Online or playing against your mate locally - there has to be NO manipulation of the play or else it just makes a mockery of the game. I was always annoyed how Pele (rated 99 out of 100 for shooting accuracy, power, etc) had 30 shots in one game and didn't manage to score and I lost 1 nil to the bottom of the league minnows with their one shot on target. My friend said that this was realism of Pro Evo - I found it stupid! Getting a balance between realism, creating a challenge, allowing the player to play the game how they want and just down right cheating the player is obviously difficult - probably impossible. But the fun in footy games disappeared for me long ago and now the bubble has burst - I can't see past the pointlessness of them. I may never get into another footy game again.
  • THEBIGJ3 - January 31, 2012 9:03 a.m.

Black Ops, Unrealistic, respawning enemies, 'checkpoint' campaign progression. Utter crap, the best moment of that game for me was the noise the disc made as it snapped under my foot... :-D
  • lazer59882 - January 31, 2012 9:44 a.m.

btw, you can thank me any time, GR, for causing enough of a stir than now there's 90+ comments on some fucking complaint story about a fucking soccer game. nobody would've given a fuck if not for me. you're welcome, GamesRadar.
  • Moondoggie1157 - January 31, 2012 10:41 a.m.

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck GR fuck fuck complaint fuck soccer game fuck baseball fuck fuck fuck "causing enough of a stir than now there's " (still can't figure that one out) fuck fuck Lazer fuck fucking fuck. STOP MAKING IT EASY, LAZER!
  • lazer59882 - January 31, 2012 11:25 a.m.

i take it you've never made a typographical error?
  • ChickenFillet5140 - January 31, 2012 10:36 a.m.

I've never found a game so frustrating that I stopped playing, maybe I'm just too forgiving... PS: I do love lazer59882's comments. Where else would we find comedy like that? :)
  • Moondoggie1157 - January 31, 2012 10:40 a.m.

Isn't it great? I really hope the comments continue, I have finished all my school work so I need someone to rip on.
  • lazer59882 - January 31, 2012 11:26 a.m.

aha! there it is! the key to this whole equation: the reason you're such a moron is that you're still of school age. now it makes sense. keep learning, champ. you're well on your way to greatness.
  • Moondoggie1157 - January 31, 2012 2:14 p.m.

OH! Lazer, you found me out!! Whatever will I do!? I really am such a moron, the moron that single handedly pays his way through a top university.. You, you really hurt my feeling... AAAAAAND, you're still useless :P hahah Keep fueling me, I got all night ;)
  • lazer59882 - January 31, 2012 11:24 a.m.

thanks dude
  • sleepyMexican45 - January 31, 2012 10:49 a.m.

Towelly, I can confirm that this is really common and was talked about a lot on the xbox360achievements.org forums. It's a manufactured momentum used to cushion the distance between good and bad players, and create a more realistic, real-life 'form' for your team. It is definitely in there, and after reading about it then discovering it myself I too stopped playing. It's stupid because as much as the devs want it to be as close to real-life as possible, IT NEVER WILL BE. And they should NEVER tamper with online play in this way. Thanks for bringing to the attention of more people!
  • lazer59882 - January 31, 2012 11:42 a.m.

from GamesRadar Staff: thank you, Lazer59882, for providing our random article about a random nitpick about a random game based on a random sport about which no one gives a fuck, a shit-ton of traffic and comments. you have single-handedly increased traffic for this site 10 fold, and your contributions to the community are well noted. oh, you're welcome GamesRadar. you're also welcome, GamesRadar readers, for the priceless knowledge i have bestowed upon you all.
  • lazer59882 - January 31, 2012 11:49 a.m.

why thank you GR. but i fear it is now time for me to retire...
  • Sjoeki - January 31, 2012 12:30 p.m.

The only game I vowed never to play again was battletoads (for the nes), hell that part with the hoverbikes (or whatever they are) still gives me nightmares. And though I loved Assassins creed at first, I was so dissapointed halfway through the game that that was all we could do (or the crappy stuff we had to do to be able to kill our target) that I never finished it.
  • GhostNappa2k10 - January 31, 2012 3:52 p.m.

*sighs* just seen all the comments saying it's soccer. No, it's FOOTBALL. Also, I gave up on FIFA after FIFA 11, as when you played against someone online, they resorted to cheap tactics all the time, and the AI was stupid.
  • Blackhawk032 - January 31, 2012 7:42 p.m.

I recently perma-quit a game, actually. The new Mortal Kombat game that came out. It may be because I'm just not too great at fighters like that, but those god damn 2 on 1 fights in story mode were insane. Complete bullshit, if I can barely squeeze out a win because of an X - Ray attack on Sub Zero, what makes you think I can beat two of the people? I just got extremely aggravated. Fortunately, I only paid $10. Had I paid $60, I have no idea how mad I would have been.