Topics

Nintendo Wii U

We Recommend

• onetimebuster - September 13, 2012 noon

After paying 600 dollars for my ps3 this seems super cheap.
  • Turtman - September 13, 2012 1:48 p.m.

I paid $500, but I honestly think I got $500 worth of value from it
  • mafyooz - September 13, 2012 11:59 a.m.

Our Wii got accidentally pushed off the TV unit by my 2 year old daughter some months ago, and has never been picked up and put back since (I can see it laying there as I type this). I've seen nothing about the Wii U to make me think it wouldn't suffer a similar fate if we did get one!
  • ultrakirby64 - September 13, 2012 11:55 a.m.

I would say how I thought about it, but I just got back from pre ordering the deluxe edition before I read this. So you can guess where I am.
  • bash street kid - September 13, 2012 12:13 p.m.

I love your avatar
  • Thedigitalg - September 13, 2012 11:50 a.m.

Day ooooone! It looks awesome. I can't believe there's anyone who won't buy this day one unless they can't afford it. That controller looks great. I wonder when Sony and Microsoft will rip it off?
  • BladedFalcon - September 13, 2012 12:22 p.m.

Funny... If anyone could be accused of ripping off when concerning the Wii-U, is Nintendo itself, what with the Pro controller pretty much being the 360 controller but with switched positions for the analog sticks and buttons... Note that I'm not really attacking Nintendo for doing this, since the design is pretty good, just pointing out that if we're talking people ripping off others, Nintendo had a head start this time around.
  • Thedigitalg - September 13, 2012 12:30 p.m.

Is the 360 controller not just a rip-off of the Dual Shock controller? Which, in turn, was a rip-off of the SNES controller? Check and mate!
  • Thedigitalg - September 13, 2012 12:33 p.m.

I should point out this comment is (mostly) tongue-in-cheek, since it translates poorly in writing. But yeah, I meant the Gamepad, since it's hard not to have similar standard controllers these days.
  • BladedFalcon - September 13, 2012 12:45 p.m.

Oh, I had missed this post. And well, fair enough, but I still stand by my point that you can't really call the dual shock a rippoff of the SNES controller, because like it or not, those two thumbsticks and the extra shoulder buttons made a HUGE different, and have pretty much set the current standard for traditional controllers to this day.
  • BladedFalcon - September 13, 2012 12:41 p.m.

yes, because the SNES controller had dual analog thumbsticks and four trigger instead of two, like the dualshock did, totally a rip-off and the same thing *rolls eyes* Even if you could argue the the 360 controller is a ripoff of the dual shock, at least they made an effort to make it LOOK different. Nintendo didn't even bother with that this time around. So tell me... where's the check, and where's the mate?